Tim Tszyu

hazza

Legend
hey all

been away for a while, thought i'd drop in and say gday.

have any of you been following kostya's son tim tszyu?

he's building a bit of a rep over here, fights at welter, super welter.

anyway he's just had a ko win, is now 17-0 with 13 kos.

he's looking for a title shot next year, hopefully when covid gets sorted you'll see him fight in vegas.

vs jeff horn

training, coin speed trick

with kostya

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
Looks like his dad. Damn. Gotta say he has some pop but is really raw. He got hit too much for my liking in between combos and was countershot effectively by Horn. He needs to come stateside to level up. A good prospect though.

mex fighter

Legend
Seen a few of his fights...other than his name, didn't really wow me. We'll see.

Also, makes me realize how old we're getting.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
Seen a few of his fights...other than his name, didn't really wow me. We'll see.

Also, makes me realize how old we're getting.
yep...I remember when Tszyu was coming up. Seeing him in KO or Ring Magazine with his weird stance and weird hair. Time flies.

hazza

Legend
Looks like his dad. Damn. Gotta say he has some pop but is really raw. He got hit too much for my liking in between combos and was countershot effectively by Horn. He needs to come stateside to level up. A good prospect though.

should be in line for a title shot 2021.

not sure i agree with your assessment of the horn fight, from what i saw, it was pretty one sided and horn was on his way to getting koed before they stopped it.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
should be in line for a title shot 2021.

not sure i agree with your assessment of the horn fight, from what i saw, it was pretty one sided and horn was on his way to getting koed before they stopped it.
I certainly agree that Horn was always going to lose. But Horn hit him way too much for my liking.

Remus

Tim has a long way to go. He did get hit a fair bit but horn is a brawler and he’s gonna hit everyone.
i don’t see a wow factor in Tim yet.

hazza

Legend
Tim has a long way to go. He did get hit a fair bit but horn is a brawler and he’s gonna hit everyone.
i don’t see a wow factor in Tim yet.

gday old mate.

lets not forget kostya used to get hit a lot too, remember the first mitchell fight.

hurtado had kt down twice if i remember, and hector lopez busted him up a fair bit.

that's just the way the tszyus are i think, they'll take shots to give them.

when tt fights the top guys in the usa, then we will know how good he is.

Remus

gday old mate.

lets not forget kostya used to get hit a lot too, remember the first mitchell fight.

hurtado had kt down twice if i remember, and hector lopez busted him up a fair bit.

that's just the way the tszyus are i think, they'll take shots to give them.

when tt fights the top guys in the usa, then we will know how good he is.

yup, he did. I guess we’ll see soon enough.
kambosis jnr looks an interesting prospect. He got some beautiful short efficient punches.
how you been anyway bro ? You back in Oz if I recall last time we spoke.

Last edited:

hazza

Legend
yup, he did. I guess we’ll see soon enough.
kambosis jnr looks an interesting prospect. He got some beautiful short efficient punches.
how you been anyway bro ? You back in Oz if I recall last time we spoke.

what do you thin of zerafa calling out tszyu?

been good, yeah in wa now, living in perth, got a fifo job at roy hill

Jeremy

Legend
He’s entering the peak of a very dangerous division. The up and comers look tougher than the seasoned folks in this division. Being a champ in this division in 1-2 years will take someone quite special.

hazza

Legend
He’s entering the peak of a very dangerous division. The up and comers look tougher than the seasoned folks in this division. Being a champ in this division in 1-2 years will take someone quite special.

all the better.

he's cleaned out the division here, only one thing left and that's go to the usa.

once he starts fighting the top guys, then we'll know if he's as good as his dad.

Rebel

Admin
Welcome back hazza. I hope you're well.

Baby Tsyzu didn't have much of an amateur career so he should be matched wisely. He should continue fighting tomato cans and step up slowly against a top 15-20 fighter when he's at about 30-40 pro fights. If he's half decent, he'll be able to cash in on his father's name, and that wouldn't be a bad thing. Surely no one expects him to fill Kostya's shoes or even come close to that level.