Random Boxing Discussion

Rebel

Admin
You guys can fondle Ryan Garcia’s balls all you want but it’s way premature. Luke Campbell is just a normal contender nothing special and he dropped Garcia in the process. Meanwhile shit on Spence when he’s beaten Shawn Porter,Mikey Garcia and Danny Garcia in his last 3 fights. That makes no sense at all.
Did you really give either Garcia a shot? I give Spence more credit for the win over Porter, but let's not pretend he looked impressive in that fight.

Overall, I've been more impressed by Crawford despite his competition because of the way he breaks opponents down and finishes them. I'd love for him to get the Porter fight so we can use that as a barometer. I don't know if he would stop Porter, but I do know he'd win much more convincingly than Spence.

Rebel

Admin
True, but their bullshit is doing them no favors. Especially Bud. Who has he beat that has a name? Garcia and Tank both beat two very good boxers and won in exciting fashion. I get it. Tank and Ryan also are great with social media and getting casuals hyped. Bud is a bore and so is Spence. They make it difficult for even boxing fans to get excited about them due to their stances on making fights happen. "I don't need him".

Meanwhile Garcia, Teofimo, and Tank are all hyped on fighting each other. They deserve the audience they get.
How is Bud a bore? He hasn't been taken the distance in like 5-6 years.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
How is Bud a bore? He hasn't been taken the distance in like 5-6 years.
Because his bullshit about not needing Spence. It's tired and his resume is wack.
Read the last few replies I wasn’t specifically posting towards you. Since you ask though, does anyone really know? Tank has headlined 1 PPV that did roughly 225k buys and Garcia has never headlined a PPV.
Then please quote the person you're responding to. What a surprise, Valdosta shitting on any and all Mexican fighters. lol

Valdosta

Boxing Fanatics Moderator
Did you really give either Garcia a shot? I give Spence more credit for the win over Porter, but let's not pretend he looked impressive in that fight.

Overall, I've been more impressed by Crawford despite his competition because of the way he breaks opponents down and finishes them. I'd love for him to get the Porter fight so we can use that a barometer. I don't know if he would stop Porter, but I do know he'd win much more convincingly than Spence.
Crawford has fought trash lately. He’s wasting his career. I am more impressed by Spence fighting really good fighters. Did I think Mikey had a chance? Not really. I thought Danny had a punchers chance. Then you have the Porter fight that was a close win. Even with Mikey not being that good at 147 we didn’t know that going into the fight. He looked fine at 140.

Valdosta

Because his bullshit about not needing Spence. It's tired and his resume is wack.

Then please quote the person you're responding to. What a surprise, Valdosta shitting on any and all Mexican fighters. lol
I don’t need you telling me how to post, I know what I am doing. As for shitting on Mexicans, where the hell did I do that? The fact is Garcia is a decent underdog to Tank. I actually said I would root for him over Tank but think he losses. That’s not hate, it’s a pretty common prediction. Also, beating Luke Campbell doesn’t make you a great fighter. It’s his best win but not earth shattering stuff.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
I don’t need you telling me how to post, I know what I am doing. As for shitting on Mexicans, where the hell did I do that? The fact is Garcia is a decent underdog to Tank. I actually said I would root for him over Tank but think he losses. That’s not hate, it’s a pretty common prediction. Also, beating Luke Campbell doesn’t make you a great fighter. It’s his best win but not earth shattering stuff.
No one said he was a great. We only talked about star power, weirdo.

Valdosta

A proven track record? Kind of funny that you call me a weirdo. There’s no such track record. The fact is Garcia has never sold 1 PPV as a headliner yet. If we are considering him as some kind of star then the standards have really dropped. He’s a good fighter for now, nothing more or less.

mex fighter

Legend
A proven track record? Kind of funny that you call me a weirdo. There’s no such track record. The fact is Garcia has never sold 1 PPV as a headliner yet. If we are considering him as some kind of star then the standards have really dropped. He’s a good fighter for now, nothing more or less.
My original point was that "proven p4p" fighters such as bud and spence fighting each other would sell less than a couple of up and comers. that's pathetic.

bud and spence sell more depending on who they fight, not on their own merit.

Valdosta

My point was that we should probably wait for Garcia to sell his first PPV as a headliner before being so sure.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
My point was that we should probably wait for Garcia to sell his first PPV as a headliner before being so sure.
DAZN is essentially PPV. People bought it primarily for Canelo but casuals like my daughter and even my wife and sister in law are following Garcia. No other fighter draws casuals like Garcia. Canelo draw sport fan casuals but not casuals at large.

mex fighter

Legend
DAZN is essentially PPV. People bought it primarily for Canelo but casuals like my daughter and even my wife and sister in law are following Garcia. No other fighter draws casuals like Garcia. Canelo draw sport fan casuals but not casuals at large.
zackly

Valdosta

Yeah DAZN is a pay channel. It’s not the same as a traditional boxing PPV. There aren’t any legit numbers to prove anything about Garcia on DAZN. If Garcia had fought Campbell on traditional PPV what do we think the numbers would have been?

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
Yeah DAZN is a pay channel. It’s not the same as a traditional boxing PPV. There aren’t any legit numbers to prove anything about Garcia on DAZN. If Garcia had fought Campbell on traditional PPV what do we think the numbers would have been?
It depends on the price. It's a $30 ppv IMO. Numbers would have been good at that price. Garcia has that "it" factor that no other boxer has at the moment.

mex fighter

Legend
see again, my point is that garcia is still a rookie and his numbers will do better than established lb x lbers like crawford and spence.

maybe because of their boring ass personalities? especially spence, who seems like he talks in slow motion with his eyes half closed, all high and shit.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
see again, my point is that garcia is still a rookie and his numbers will do better than established lb x lbers like crawford and spence.

maybe because of their boring ass personalities? especially spence, who seems like he talks in slow motion with his eyes half closed, all high and shit.
your last sentence legit made me lol.

Jeremy

Legend
Wasn't the garcia fight the first "worldwide" event for DAZN? I'm sure Ryan helped increase some subs ... one/two more big wins and he's a PPV powerhouse especially if he keeps up his own hype train ...

Anybody catch the Leo vs Fulton fight last night? Good scrap. Neither has any punching power to speak of which led to a very entertaining old fashioned phone booth fight you don't see much anymore. Thought the scorecards for Fulton were a bit too wide but the right fighter won.