Mike Tyson Back In Training

Ringside

Retiree
Someone I know sent me a u tube yesterday of Mike Tyson recently training for exhibition fights for charity. I got to say he looks awesome in power and speed of punches for any age. Not sure how his stamina is by what I saw because the training on u tube was limited. His trainer is a mixed martial artist trainer by the name of Rafael Corriero. Should be fun to follow.

Greenstone

Legend
Yeah just hope he doesn't fight any top professional fighters as those days are gone. But good for him to get fit again.

Carlos

---
He looked good for his age - His problem was never punching, it was getting punched - Hardly relevant though, I imagine it will just be some exhibitions and stuff which is great - i'd happily watch him go 4 rounds against someone his age for charity, or for himself - either way is good with me.

Greenstone

Legend

Mike Tyson on the Joe Rogan experience. Over two hours of an interview. Haven't listened to it all yet but it makes interesting listening.

Rebel

Admin
It looks like we're going to have to start getting used to these types of events (old legends and popular Youtubers). They draw lots of eyeballs from the casuals & millennials and generate lots of $$$. Boxing promoters may soon begin incorporating these types of matches into regular cards. I suspect we'll begin seeing different variations of these events. Tyson/Holyfield 3 and DLH/Trinidad 2 up next? :funny:

Carlos

---
It looks like we're going to have to start getting used to these types of events (old legends and popular Youtubers). They draw lots of eyeballs from the casuals & millennials and generate lots of $$$. Boxing promoters may soon begin incorporating these types of matches into regular cards. I suspect we'll begin seeing different variations of these events. Tyson/Holyfield 3 and DLH/Trinidad 2 up next? :funny:
Lets see how much it draws if Tyson isn't on the card. Put it this way, I can't see anyone paying to watch RJJ box again.

Rebel

Admin
Lets see how much it draws if Tyson isn't on the card. Put it this way, I can't see anyone paying to watch RJJ box again.

You'd be surprised. I believe Logan Paul vs KSI did like 800k buys at $10 a pop. Millennials and casuals don't seem to care about the quality of the match.