Loma vs Lopez

TIP

Legend
Rebel talking about sanchez and chavez as if hes been into the sport for 3 years and learned everything on youtube.

Part if knowing their greatness is living that era and feeling their fights.

Thats like me saying prime ali is overrated.

About beating pac....we can argue he'd been knocked out before and it took him 4 fights to beat him while marquez was roided up.

See how easy it is to discredit someone.

I think Marquez was juicing too, especially in the 4th Pac fight. TIP

Rebel

Admin
Rebel talking about sanchez and chavez as if hes been into the sport for 3 years and learned everything on youtube.

Part if knowing their greatness is living that era and feeling their fights.

Thats like me saying prime ali is overrated.

About beating pac....we can argue he'd been knocked out before and it took him 4 fights to beat him while marquez was roided up.

See how easy it is to discredit someone.
Come on bro. I've been following boxing for decades and I've analyzed/studied most greats, particularly the Mexican greats. I have a certain criteria I base my ratings on and Sanchez doesn't do too well when his career is put under that analysis. He's definitely one of my favorite fighters of all-time, but the truth is, he's romanticized because he died in his prime. And Chavez did become a quitter when the going got tough. Marquez never quit and never got KOd despite fighting at a high level well into his late 30s/early 40s. Not many all-time greats can say that. :clapping:

Jeremy

Legend
Come on bro. I've been following boxing for decades and I've analyzed/studied most greats, particularly the Mexican greats. I have a certain criteria I base my ratings on and Sanchez doesn't do too well when his career is put under that analysis. He's definitely one of my favorite fighters of all-time, but the truth is, he's romanticized because he died in his prime. And Chavez did become a quitter when the going got tough. Marquez never quit and never got KOd despite fighting at a high level well into his late 30s/early 40s. Not many all-time greats can say that. :clapping:
What was most impressive about Sanchez was that he didn’t get tired ...

Rebel

Admin
What was most impressive about Sanchez was that he didn’t get tired ...
For sure. He had awesome 15 round stamina. If he had lived just a few more years, we would've likely have witnessed him against the likes of Arguello, Chavez, and Pedroza.