Canelo-Smith and GGG-Szeremeta

Valdosta

Boxing Fanatics Moderator
Please take Angelo off that list, that’s silly. He had lost 2 of his last 4 and to Kermit Cintron. Andrade hasn’t really beaten very good competition but he has a style that beats many of the people you mentioned. He’s annoying though I hope he gets upset and goes away soon.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
Canelo is a generational great...haters are weird...Canelo makes fighters look average..they can't throw...he slips so many punches and he punishes fighters for missing.

Rebel

Admin
Who cares about andrade, its what he said that was the truth. He even mentioned mathew hatton.
The Hatton fight was weak, but in Canelo's defense, he was a young pup still learning his craft at the time. Have you forgotten that he turned pro at 15 after barely 40 amateur fights?

Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan, but I've at least grown to respect him. And I never thought I'd say this, but he's morphed into a Mexican all-time great.

Rebel

Admin
Canelo is a generational great...haters are weird...Canelo makes fighters look average..they can't throw...he slips so many punches and he punishes fighters for missing.
Exactly. Fighters get reluctant to throw against his style. He has underrated defense, a good jab, and he holds a speed advantage over all the bigger guys he has been facing. Also, as he's moved up, he appears to be more comfortable and doesn't get tired like in past fights in the lower weight classes.

Jeremy

Legend
I think the top dog at 168 is David Benavídez. I feel painful watching him. His opponents get the “Benavídez Face” in the first round, meaning, they have that look on their face like they don’t want to be there ... Love, Dirrel, Medina ... they just take hideous beatings and just want out. I’d love to see Benavídez-Plant but I’m not sure I’ll get to see it since everyone’s strategy is to wait around until they can get a fight with Canelo.

Mark G

Legend
Chavez saying that Canelo's on his way to being the GOAT Mexican fighter:

Do you watch the telecasts from Mexico? I watch most of my boxing on the Mexican channels. Lama-lama-lama-lamita and JC Chavez and others as announcers. Carlos Aguilar It's always cool having Barrera and even Terrible Morales offering their incite.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
Do you watch the telecasts from Mexico? I watch most of my boxing on the Mexican channels. Lama-lama-lama-lamita and JC Chavez and others as announcers. Carlos Aguilar It's always cool having Barrera and even Terrible Morales offering their incite.
When I lived in San Diego I watched the TV Azteca telecast. I really enjoyed the goofiness of it.