Canelo-Smith and GGG-Szeremeta

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
I think Canelo is doing a great job by betting on himself getting rid of ODLH and picking his own opponents that are legacy building. Smith is no pushover and will provide an interesting test. I know a lot of people here hate on Canelo but he has really turned into an excellent boxer puncher and his footwork is vastly improved from the days Matos called him flatfoot.

I dunno about the GGG fight, he didn't look great in his last outing and I've never seen the other guy fight so. Not really much to say there.

Rebel

Admin
I agree. Canelo is in a very good position right now. If he can somehow unify 168 in 2021, that would be darn impressive. I don't think Smith is a pushover either. I believe Canelo will win, but it won't be easy.

Rebel

Admin
I think Canelo is doing a great job by betting on himself getting rid of ODLH and picking his own opponents that are legacy building. Smith is no pushover and will provide an interesting test. I know a lot of people here hate on Canelo but he has really turned into an excellent boxer puncher and his footwork is vastly improved from the days Matos called him flatfoot.

I dunno about the GGG fight, he didn't look great in his last outing and I've never seen the other guy fight so. Not really much to say there.

Rebel

Admin
He should win tonight's fight without any major issues. He did struggle in his last bout a bit, but he was up against a gutsy opponent that had some pop. Tonight's challenge, Szeremeta of Poland, is undefeated but lacks pop (21-0, 5 KOs). I foresee an impressive Golovkin stoppage.

mex fighter

Legend
We'll find out tonight.
GGG hung himself by selling out both times vs Freckles. He could have beaten him easily. I know, I know, you'll say I'm being a hater or something like that. GGG could have steamrolled La Pecosa both times when they fought. Now he's stuck fighting on a Friday. That's what he gets.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
GGG hung himself by selling out both times vs Freckles. He could have beaten him easily. I know, I know, you'll say I'm being a hater or something like that. GGG could have steamrolled La Pecosa both times when they fought. Now he's stuck fighting on a Friday. That's what he gets.
Selling out as in going all out offense? If so, you underestimate Canelo's counterpunching skills and movement.

mex fighter

Legend
Selling out as in going all out offense? If so, you underestimate Canelo's counterpunching skills and movement.
No, its not that. It seems as if everyone forgets how to throw punches when they fight freckles. Angulo forgot, Yunior forgot, fielding forgot, kova forgot, and ggg remembered in spurts.

Freckles ain't THAT good.

mex fighter

Legend
Selling out as in taking de la tanga money to not fight as well as he could. He even threw away to beat hopkins' record.

sanchito

BF Resident Douchebag
GGG looked methodical and ruthless.
No, its not that. It seems as if everyone forgets how to throw punches when they fight freckles. Angulo forgot, Yunior forgot, fielding forgot, kova forgot, and ggg remembered in spurts.

Freckles ain't THAT good.
He actually is...I wasn't a believer, I was a bit of a hater, but he has the goods and he's gonna be a generational great by the time he's done IMO.

mex fighter

Legend
Enough with that typical mexican face forward style shit. That may be true for scrubs and cab drivers, but yourr typical mexican great has good lateral movement, a good jab, throws nice combos,and is a thinker in the ring.

Out of the top 10 mexican greats, how many are that face first style?

As far as canelo, i'll never get over the catchweights, his personal weight class, all the clauses in weight, his use of clenbuterol , and his title fights versus guys like matty hatton.

Rebel

Admin
Watching this card, it made me get more pumped up for Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell in a few weeks. That's going to be a fun fight.

Canelo vs. Smith coming up in about 30 minutes.

Rebel

Admin
A lot of fighters don't throw punches once they're in the ring with Canelo. He's a better defensive fighter than most give him credit for, and his opponents get reluctant once they realize they're at a great speed/skill disadvantage.