Wilder vs Ortiz

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by "Bangin'" Dick Bravado, Feb 23, 2018.

1. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

Call me loco...BUT.... I believe KONG is seasoned enough, skilled enough and strong enough to get inside and do MAJOR damage to THE BOMBER!

Ortiz in 8!!!!

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Thats an interesting prediction. Im not even gonna lie I havent been slighty interested in a hw bout since lewis-tyson. But i have watched both of these guys before. Im not a big fan of big lumbering heavyweights who historically are known to have suspect chins(see Grant-lewis) so i also lean towards Kong. Cuban fighters are fundementally sound. Im not sold on wilder but im just not sure ortiz packs enough power to ko wilder...but I would pick Joshua over wilder at this point.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Fundamentally sound but quit when they get hit back.

4. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Wilder is not lumbering...he’s an agile quick/fast heavyweight. But he leaves himself open...and his chin has not been tested.

Ortiz can punch, but is slow and lacks stamina.

It’s an intriguing matchup, I’ll watch it...

5. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Joshua is the better fundamentally sound boxer, and very strong...but he’s a bit chinny...ask Klitschko. And Joshua has been rocked before as well...

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

you mean STANIMA?

7. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

What...a....fight! :fightme::yoyes:

8. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Whoa, I was wrong..but DAMN...what a great fight!!

AlL props to THE BOMBER!!!

9. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

FUCK DUDES!!!!!! Awesome bout!!!

10. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I thought in round two Wilder was sweating way too much and really looked frail for what he usually looks. I think he came into the fight still sick. When he got that knockdown I thought he got in a great shot but still lacked energy. He lost rounds after that and all Ortiz had to do was be engaged careful and he probably had a decision despite having the crowd against him. But he over engaged and a determined Wilder struck back. Really classy after fight embrace. Wilder better put on weight for next fight . Ortiz did look very good through out the fight. . Last I saw l'l Kim seems like decades ago. Then she had no top on , now she has boulder holders.....

11. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Actually you were close in your assessment pre fight.. Just ended the way it did but in a fair location Ortiz would be ahead on most cards including mine when he was stopped.
    BTW was that you hitting on Rosie at ringside? Leave her for us Brooklyn born Boricuas (look it up)She always looks good at fights. she lights up!

12. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

It was Flo on my left and Mary on my right, actually...

Not the reference u were driving at, MI AMIGO, but... Had to give a shout out to all my peeps on BELMONT!! ;)

Mex fighter WILL get this, btw;) lol

13. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

And Janie is the girl I'll be with tonight.. or better yet another Fabian favorite. ,,,,,,,, I'm your tiger and you're my mate..I used to have the sheet music for that one...

MEX knows more than just about anyone I know but I never heard him talk horses..however he has a Santa Anita sweatshirt I have heard... I grew up 20 minutes from Belmont in Queens. I pass it quite a bit though I am more likely to be seen at Saratoga then Belmont. I even have a Saratoga hat!

14. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Am I right or wrong here in ASSessing that Wilder came out of this one looking like a combination of the George Foreman who fought Ron Lyle AND Eve Holyfield (with his HEART & comeback kid courage??)

HUGE WIN for American boxing tonight! HUUUUUGE!!

15. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Nice!!

16. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Dude.... You and I know FABES was the real deal!!!

True TURN ME LOOSE story!!

17. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I'll have to go to sleep while assuming my "Thinker Position" about the George Forman/Evander Holyfield Combo remark. Well, buenas noches AMIGO!!!! lol

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

:headscratch:

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

the fight was good in spurts. there were times when i was saying "now thats a heavyweight fight"

other times i was yawing.

the ref stopped it prematurely, if you ask moi.

20. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

He was badly hurt. He would have been put unconscious.

I never went to Barkley Center yet but I love that crowd.
    BTW he was quoting a 1960 song by Fabian Forte who was a heart throb back then. Phillie singer. Also Belmont is a race track in Queens. It is one of the three triple crown races. Should come up this spring.
    I did not want you up all night thinking about it! lol buenas noches amigo. lol