Was Manny robbed?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Greenstone, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

I don't know. I didn't see the fight but I followed it online and the commentators seemed to think that Manny had built up a lead then were shocked at the result. Did anyone actually watch it and did you have Horn or Manny winning it on your card?

2. Remus

Remus Member

3. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Agreed with Remus, bad decision, but far from a robbery.

I had it 115-113, Manny.

Manny struggled, he didn't look that great, and apart from the ninth round, he was unable to walk down Horn.

Manny looked his age.

4. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Depends on your definition of robbery I guess. It was nowhere near the worst ever but as shitty as PAC looked I still thought he won pretty clearly.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

teddy atlas made it seem worse than it was, as usual.

pac probably won. I'm tired of his and Floyd's guaranteed decisions already.

6. Mark G

Mark G Member

Me too. Mayweather only has 1 knockout in the last NINE YEARS! And it was the cheap shot against Victor Ortiz. Pacquiao hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009.

Between the two of them ONE knockout in the combined 17 years of boxing.

Time for both of them to get the hell out of boxing and let the sport recover.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I saw the fight and it was an ugly rugged fight that was hard to judge. Like other posters said Pac look old and unimpressive. This could be a blessing in disguise and we won't get Pac vs Mayweather 2....Pac should retire he struggled with a an Aussie scrub...enough said.

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

That's the sign of an aging fighter.

9. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Am I the only one that thought that Horn landed elbows and forearms like a prime Mayweather?

10. TIP

TIP Member

Agree that Manny showed his age, Horn was much bigger and stronger also. He'd be better off to hang em up imo. To bad he couldn't have fought Floyd 5 years earlier or at least not went into the match with the injury. Anyway he had a great career with an outstanding level of competition. TIP

11. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

He was a little rough around the edges.