Ward stops Kovalev

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rabid Kimba, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

All hail to the Bay Area's Andre Ward...for sure now best p4p boxer in the world...

:mexsmiley:

2. TIP

TIP Member

He sure was good with the nut shots.

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Did you see the fight big guy? I know hes your boy but that fight was shameful. Dirty low blows from Ward while Tony Weeks allowed it to happen. Also he never gave Kovalev a 10 count. Kovalev got hit below the belt 4 times and this paid off excuse of a referee stops the fight.Fuck weeks and fuck boxing.

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

amen

5. TIP

TIP Member

Andre Son of Golata Ward.

6. Mark G

Mark G Member

That is boxing for you. Ward got a gift decision the first time, now he was allowed to land low blows at will.

Robberies played a big role in killing boxing.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

robberies are playing a big part in killing ppv.

boxing is alive and thriving like a motherfucker. there have been tons of good fights this year with more to come.

hopefully, people will continue to buy less and less ppv.

8. TIP

TIP Member

My son a computer geek got it for me for free somehow. I won't buy pfv's although Canelo/GGG I might.

9. Mark G

Mark G Member

I watch all my boxing free on Mexican TV, I'm trying to remember the last PPV that I actually had to buy.

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I haven't bought a PPV in years. They just don't deliver value for money. Yesterday you could have got a ticket to see Kovalev-Ward for $50.00 which was less than they charged for the PPV. Something wrong with that picture.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

not only that but on the same card another roc nation fighter Rigo held his opponents head down with one hand(like a thai clinch)while he punched him with the other and even landed after the bell to get the knockout. I felt like I was watching that fake wwf shit. I was expecting Wards trainer to hit Kovalev with the chair.

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

yup love tv azteca all ppv is free....also space like hbo boxing of latin america.

13. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Can't remember the last time I saw a TKO via a "3-shots to the nuts" combo...with the ref right there :headscratch:

14. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Also, you could see the pain Kovalev had during that 3-shot combo was not a "body shot" type of pain :loling:

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Andre "SOG" Ward

Son of Golota

16. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

17. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

"Afterward, emotions were so high that Virgil Hunter, Ward’s studious and normally cautious coach, was so full of emotion he suggested that the 6-foot-1, 175-pound Ward move up to challenge 6-6, 250-pound giant heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua"...

:haha: :haha: :haha:

18. ericjw

ericjw Member

That was a pretty disappointing conclusion. That one angle showed the last shot was clearly low. I'm not sure about the previous 2 but it looked a little low as well.

I had Kovalev ahead 4-3, he was doing well with the jab, but looking discouraged and winded, and that right hand to the head is one of the best shots I've ever seen Ward land. Ward landed a lot of borderline shots, many were okay judging but what Weeks said during the pre-fight instructions, others were low. Kovalev was doing his own fouling with some low shots and rabbit punching. After all the years of watching boxing, I'm used to guys bending the rules, illegal tactics don't jump out to me unless it's something extreme like Gainer-Norwood or Pedroza-LaPorte. But having the right end like that was not a satisfying ending.