Vasyl Lomachenko...

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by "Bangin'" Dick Bravado, Dec 16, 2017.

1. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

In all fairness though, Lampley remains to this day the premier fuckwit in blind sycophant sports commentary

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he's been on a crying spree lately, too. he seems to get misty when a fighter retires as he talks about his career.

he just did it for orlando fucking salido.

3. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

Maybe he gets reminded the end for himself must be nigh.

Good riddance.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'd put Cossell up there. Best Cossell exchange ever was when Floyd Patterson flattened Johannson and Cossell corralled Johannson's trainer Whitey Bimstein and asked him breathlessly "Whitey is he dead" and a pissed off Bimstein replied "No but the sonofabitch should be, I told him to watch out for the left hook"

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I never liked Lampley. He was shit before he did Boxing.

6. Ringside

Ringside El Padrino aka Boxing Fanatics Legend aka The Godf

7. Ringside

Ringside El Padrino aka Boxing Fanatics Legend aka The Godf

Remember Johnnie Addie the ring announcer in those times? He did St. Nicks Arena as well as the Garden. I remember his name from Friday night fights with Gillete. He was well spoken and well liked. I lived in Manhatten when he died in 1971 . It was very sad to the boxing world then, especially in N.Y..

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Johnnie Addie was legend. The standard by which all others are judged and ultimately fall short.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

i'm more of the time of cosell, alex wallau, dan dierdorf, tim ryan, clancy and dr. ferdie pacheco.

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Barry Tompkins, Sean O' Grady were other voices off that era. Tompkins and Merchant were HBO Boxing to me, a brilliant pair. O' Grady was a good announcer. knowledgeable, insightful and wasn't scared to be comical, he made USA Tuesday Night Fights.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah he was comical alright specially that Joan Collins botched nose job. I liked him better when he did usa boxing with a broken nose then he tried to go all Hollywood.

12. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

I liked Sean...I especially liked that he got a career separate from his scumbag vicarious-living father.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I don't think Mexfighter named his kid Sean.

14. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Papa O'Grady and the WAA I think it was called.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ha! ok, that was funny.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Tuesday Night Fights was Sean O'Grady and Al Alberts.

They were good.

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Barry Tompkins and Chick Hearn were on Monday Night Fights from the Fabulous Forum.

Good fights every single time.

18. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

Jim Healy, Boxing From The Olympic..."It's all...OVVVVVVER!"

19. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

Definitely Dunphy & Cosell on Mount Rushmore... I'd have to hold my nose/squeeze my ass cheeks & put Lamps on there because he's been a part of too many epic events to ignore...unfortunately...

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Al Bernstein and bobby Czyzdekjaskdfafzydyzyzyzadfjdfkajd;klz were good in the 80's

how do you get "Chez" out of Czyzdekjaskdafafzydyzyzyzyadfjdakajd;klz?