Vasyl Lomachenko...

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by "Bangin'" Dick Bravado, Dec 16, 2017.

1. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

what about Floyd mayweather, brah?

-the millennial

2. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

Those snow flakes will melt after awhile...

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

One of the sports major drawbacks are the amount of writers who know nothing about the sport. Just the other day a writer for Ring Magazine by the name of Mike Coppinger who is a hall of fame voter was asked his opinion on the Trinidad-Fernando Vargas fight and he said he had never seen it. Who knows how many Mike Coppinger's there are around who are driving the discussion.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I actually consider that tito/vargas fights one of the best I've ever seen.

edge of your seat from the get-go.

5. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

Which in turn shows exactly how far The Ring has & continues to sink into irrelevance over the last 30 years.

6. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

In this day & age of access to everything, there just ain't no excuse for that! Whether it be a fan of the sport or especially a so-called, "expert". And I assume if u write about boxing, you started off a fan... Pitiful!!! Have some respect for your craft if nuttin' else.

7. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Truer words never spoken, my friend. Hell, The Ring used to have f'n Hemingway contribute. Just a damn shame.

8. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

The journalistic equivalent of shitting in someone’s mouth?

Right here...
    [​IMG]

9. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

When I first began reading Ring in the 60's the writers were Fleischer, Loubet, Daniels, Jersey Jones, Sam Taub and they were Boxing journalists. The Randy Gordon era is when Ring began to slide in terms of quality journalism and it went totally to shit once Oscar bought it and employed the garbage writers it has today. Ring magazine today is like reading a teen nagazine from the 70's.

11. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

Perfect nutshell Mikey :thumby:

12. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

EXACTLY!!!!

#1, UFC is a microwave sport with about as much science as microwave popcorn.
    #2, If I'm gonna "read" a fight magazine with some broad on the cover, There'd better be ripped nylons involved & I'd best be reading it on the crapper.
    #3, How'd the rest of Rousey's "conquering" of the aforementioned microwave sport turn out for her?
    #4, Christy "The Coal Miner's Daughter" Martin she ain't, wasn't, nor will ever be.
    #5, Loretta Lynn she ain't, wasn't, nor will ever be.
    #6, Amber Lynn she ain't, wasn't, nor will ever be...which brings me back to her unworthiness to be on the cover of any magazine I would or wouldn't bring to the crapper , along with the "butter" that might or might not come from the aforementioned microwave popcorn....*exhale*...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  13. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Yep!!!

14. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Moving on to commentators. I grew up listening to Don Dunphy, he painted a picture when he was commentating to the point that you felt like you were watching the fight on the radio. One voice, now you have two or three who can't keep up with a fight. Every right hand or left hook is "great" when nothing could be further from the truth.

15. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Add to that she is making her WWE debut next month. How wrong can you be.

16. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

And talking up one fighter for what seems an agenda while talking over what the other fighter does.

17. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

Dunphy remains the gold-standard. Why? He knew when to speak & when to shut the fuck up & let the fight paint it’s own picture - an ability NO current commentator possesses. Lampley & Co. honestly believe folks pay $50 to hear them bleat.

18. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

This is the problem with HBO & Showtime contracts - they’re not FIGHT promoters, they’re promoters of individual fighters. With that, you get the obvious bias coming through in commentary.

Michael Matos likes this.
  19. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

On the Mt Rushmore of Boxing Commentators, Dunphy is definitely Washington.

dazbag likes this.
  20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

rewatch chavez vs taylor for the worst example of this.

at one point, lampley said "bang bang bang bang " while chavez blocked and shoulder rolled the whole "flurry".