Tyson-McNeely II

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Carlos, May 29, 2020.

1. Carlos

Carlos ---

Please no!

Here’s the fight everyone wants to see. Not. Boston Boxing Promotions has announced an offer of $1.1 Million to Mike Tyson to rematch Medfield, Massachusetts native “Hurricane” Peter McNeeley (47-7, 36 KO’s) in a fight a quarter of a century in the making.

Tyson (50-6, 44 KO’s), fought McNeeley coming off a four-year layoff in 1995 and scored two knockdowns en route to McNeeley’s corner throwing in the towel 89 seconds into the fight. McNeeley insists this time things will be different.

Flashman likes this.
  2. Flashman

Flashman Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

‘Cocoon of horror’ (again) :mexsmiley:

Brought back a lot of memories. I am shocked this was 25 years ago... it seemed, at the time, that Tyson had been in jail and out of action for ages. Bloody time, slipping by.

3. Carlos

Carlos ---

Sounded more like co-cuna-horra to me:loling: McNeely doesn't sound like someone who should be anywhere near a boxing ring, for charity or not.

And you are right, how has it been 25 years? I just finished a job with a company - one of my co-workers was a very nice young man, who during our normal conversation, remembered watching Shrek 1 as a kid - In my mind that came out last week, and to him it was a childhood memory:confusey:

4. Mark G

Mark G Member

That's crazy how time flies. I still remember the Tyson-McNeely fight as if it was recent, like a new fight, lol.

The part I remember is when McNeely got knocked down just a few seconds into the fight and then got up and ran around the ring, hahaha.

He did give it an effort though, he sure tried to throw some bombs at Tyson.

5. Mark G

Mark G Member

lol, yeah.

I give McNeely some credit though, some credit for his sense of humor, and he did TRY, he tried to take it to Tyson.

His performance was better than Bruce Seldon's, at least McNeely went down swinging.

Once upon a time, I was looking for a youtube fight with McNeely actually winning and couldn't find one.

6. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

If I was to fight Tyson I wouldn't muck around either I'd just start swinging for the fence and hope my demise would be quick and painless lol.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Well, it might be quick, but it won't be painless.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

What's sad is that even at 50 something he could beat up everybody in the forum at the same time. All 5 of us lol.

9. Mark G

Mark G Member

It would be like that story about Jack Dempsey knocking out two thugs when he was 75. I wonder if Matos can shed some light on that and let us know whether or not that old story is true.

10. Flashman

Flashman Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

:mexsmiley: True dat.

Mind you, Tyson might not stand up the power of Jersey style taekwondo... once he’s been spin kicked by the Philly Cheese Flyer, Tyson’s face will look like it’s been run over by every girl at a New Kids on the Block concert.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Thats right...and don't forget he is cut from the same foreskin...:mexsmiley:I mean from the same cloth as other black Hebrews like Zab Judah. Even Iron Mike might not be able to handle that kind of power.

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Story is true.