Triple G vs Canelo

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rabid Kimba, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

the fight is a whole month away.

he's got 4 weeks to lose 10 lbs

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Here's the problem with that bud. When a fighter is out of shape like that his main focus during training camp becomes about losing weight and less about honing his skills. Being that heavy so close to the fight means he's not 100% focused. Another thing to consider is that GGG is no spring chicken...what is he 39??? Draining your self can take a heavy toll on your body and even more at his age. Just look at Canelo's last fight.... Chavez a guy much younger than GGG I might add was also drained and looked like shit. I'm leaning towards Canelo.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

one thing you forgot, pal, is that chavez fights at 168 and barely makes weight there. he was forced to come in at 164.

tripo yee is a natural 160, his fighting weight. I'm actually surprised hes within 10 lbs of making weight a whole month in advance. a boxer can lose 10 lbs in 2 days easy.

tripo yee by decapitation

5. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Canelo waited to take this fight...but didn't wait long enough. He is going to get KO'd.
    Only difference is that two years ago, he would have been devastatingly KO'd. :mexsmiley:

6. TIP

TIP Member

Chavez would never have beaten Canelo anyway no matter the weight or fight plan. Julio Jr. isn't a dedicated fighter, and has to much pressure and expectation from fans and the old man. Canelo is better than some think and should give GGG a competitive fight. GGG is 35 and imo on the downslide Canelo is a prime 27 with good pro experience, Floyd was smart fighting him when he was to young. Canelo's weakness is stamina imo (unless improved?) and if the fight goes into later rounds it could work against him. It all comes down to how well Canelo can defense GGG's power and can take his punch. I think Canelo does well in the early rounds tires and gets tko'd in mid to late rounds. Should be a barnburner. TIP

7. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I don't know why people assume Canelo is going to get KOd just like that. Maybe beat up for 12 rounds. But Triple G's last couple of fights were not that impressive, he is showing signs of age a bit. Canelo is an underdog, but he's a live underdog, dude is young and strong. I've never seen him hurt in the ring before, not even close...the kid has a chin and is extremely durable. His youth is going to help him a lot in this fight...yes, fighting a naturally bigger man, but a man who is 35. Canelo is 27...that's gotta count for something.

This is no Mayweather vs McGregor.

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

jose Miguel cotto hurt his ass...had him doing a zapateado.

yes, the OTHER cotto.

9. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

He was a pup...he's a man now...

10. TIP

TIP Member

I agree with this. I picked GGG because I think Canelo has a slight stamina issue, maybe it's got better. It wouldn't surprise me if canelo pulled off the upset though. TIP

11. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Ok, the fight is just about here...it's PREDICTIONS time.

Sept 16, Mexican Independence Day, the fight, and my mom's birthday... :thumby:

Ok, here we go...

Fuck it...

CANELO IS GOING TO SHOCK THE WORLD AND BEAT TRIPLE G...NO STOPPAGE...IT'S GOING THE DISTANCE!!!

Canelo wins by UD...

I have spoken!!!

:mexsmiley:

12. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

/\ /\ /\ If it goes the distance, there is NO way that Golden Boy doesn't make sure the cards are filled out in Canelo's favor.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

my opinion on this farce.

there is nothing canelo has that ggg hasn't faced. the promotion shows him knocking out guys, the promotion says he's got speed, intelligence, etc.

they said the same exact thing about khan when he fought canelo and people who bet on khan swallowed it whole. real boxing fans knew what the result was going to be....a brutal ko and it happened.

they sold canelo vs Floyd and the young lion, the fast guy, the intelligent guy, etc and he lost 12 rounds to 0, except of course, that paid off judge who scored it for canelo.

the same thing is going on with this fight. canelo doesn't have the power or boxing skills to beat ggg. ggg had over 300 fights as an amateur so that whole thing about him not being able to box is not true. he only lost 4 as an ammy in over 300 fights. canelo? zero amateur fights so experience is out the window.

if there are no shenanigans, this mismatch will end before the 5th round.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

remember this post?

OH NO, HE'S AT 161.5 RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! how's he going to make weight?

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Here is why Mex hates Canelo.....

1. Canelo is a real Mexican. Mexys favorite fighter that cross dressing Chicano dlh never got the blessing of hardcore Mexican boxing fans like Canelo.

2. It goes back to his Pocho idol de la joto...who fought his cross town rival Mosley for the honor of all the LA Chicanos not once but twice and got his ass beat. Unlike Canelo a real Mexican I might add who beat that negro his first try.

3. Again Canelo is a real Mexicano born in Mexican soil and is straight unlike delahoya who ran from a Puerto Rican and cross dresses for his fans.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

oh brother.

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

lets bet.

18. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

When you said this fight was a farce...you lost all kinds of creds...

19. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

:lol:

Mex don't go...

:sad1:

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

come on kimba....you know that if all things are right, canelo has nothing for ggg.

do you work for golden boy now?