Top 5 things you hate about boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, Oct 29, 2019.

1. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

good point about top fighters fighting twice a year.

the problem nowadays with a fighter only fighting twice a year is that if he fights 4-5 and 2 of those fights are "easy", then all these new fans will say he's cherry picking instead of honing his skill like chavez used to fighting 5-6 times a year.

Michael Matos likes this.
  2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

On Cornejo

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Here is a perfect counter argument to that honing your skill crap.

At 160 you got about 5 top guys in no particular order.

GGG
    Jacobs
    Canelo
    Charlo
    Andrade
    Deverechenko

Canelo already fought GGG (2×) and Jacobs

Now....Bias media constantly bashes Canelo for not fighting Andrade and Charlo. Because supposedly hes afraid of them lol.

Meanwhile....look at Charlo and Boo Boo Andrade. They have been fighting bums just to stay undefeated and get that mega pay day fighting Canelo. So youre saying youre ok with these guys "honing their skills" instead of fighting each other?

Why do young fighters who havent proven anything feel they can use social media to call out established names that have paid their dues. And when the fight doesnt happen theyll just get on social media and say so and so is afraid of them. Want examples? That Hainey guy that called out Lomachenko. Now everyone is saying Loma is ducking Hainey.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

since when did a fighter fight all the top contenders and/or champs 5 times a year before?

your hero can fight in December or January against a scrub to keep interest high instead of waiting till may and September.

also, if fighters fight more often, the product is better. were the 70s, 80's, and 90's not better eras with better product?

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Lets be honest. The reason fighters in 70s, 80s fought more often was purely economic reasons. Fighters in those days didnt make the kind of money they make today. Al Haymond is probably the promoter that pays his fighters the most to fight bums. Times changed and as far as Ginger with a 350 million dollar contract Canelo doesnt need to fight 5x a year lol.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Its funny when really old people think their era of fighters were better. Like some how the fighters of the 70's and 80's were made of a different cloth from fighters of today. As if those guys fought for the honor and gusto. At the end of the day fighters fight for a prize. Manny Paquio as much of a warrior as he is got into boxing to feed his mothers and siblings. Lets not be overly dramatic.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

nobody said anything about needing to fight 5 times a year, we said its better for boxing if they do.

about the era, my era is from the late 70's to today. I'm still a fan today as I was back then, maybe even more now. still, the fights were better because they actually dared to be great and fought each other more often than not.

take gervonta davis today....supposed to be one of the best in the world. who has he fought? its not like there aren't any good fighters in his weight class.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

So all bullshit aside will you be watching any of the cards?

You hate Canelo but hate the UFC too so what will you be watching tonight?

I know you subscribe to dazn so...

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I'll watch, of course, hoping to see him get knocked out. I'll also watch berchelt vs sosa on espn. Too bad you'll miss that action fight because they weigh less than your wife.