Top 5 things you hate about boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

If you had to pick just 5 things you could change about the sport what would it be?

1.making weight

You have boxers that walk around 30 to 40 pounds above their fighting weight between fights. Part of it I think is their laziness and lack of discipline to allow their weight to fluctuate that much. And for some fighters its just a strategy to have the upperhand. They will starve themselves to make a very unhealthy and unnatural weight. It's a dangerous practice. I would rather see guys fight at their walk around or close to weight. Its safer.

2. Franchise belts...

You got a regular belt and then you got the franchise belt. An example of this is Canelo is the wbc franchise 160 lbs champ. And Charlo is the regular 160lbs champ. They never have to fight each other. Bad for boxing because fights dont get made.

3. The Judging. More than ever in recent years we are seeing a bigger number of poor decisions. The entire scoring needs to be revised.

4. Ducking fights......
    Coincidently there's a lot of folks here who say they hate mma but here is the thing. In MMA you hardly have any undefeated fighters. In boxing you have so many guys with great records on a steady diet of tomato cans. I MMA nobody can duck anybody. They don't care for marinating a fight. And hype jobs get taken out quickly (like Askren this weekend.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ban all southpaw stylists
    more than 1 champ per weightclass
    not enough attention to the lower weight classes...they need to be showcased more.
    p4p lists....you're either p4p the best or you're not....name the #1 guy. no need for a #2, #3, #4, etc
    ban all southpaw stylists

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You do know the P4P is just mythical right?:loling:

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yes, I do. I don't see what's funny but, yeah, you're either p4p the best or you're not.

why have a #2?

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Day before weigh-ins-Ties in with what Punch said above-it's an unhealthy practice across the board.
    CompuBox/Punch Stats-
    Scoring-The 9 point must system

TIP likes this.
  6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

something else I hate...when people say, "oh, he's a natural _________ because he walks around at ___________".

yeah, walking around at your top weight isn't your best fighting and in shape weight. weight a boxer walks around is means he's out of shape and probably would get gassed if he fights someone at his fighting weight.

7. Remus

Remus Member

i know this is not a popular opinion but i like the principal of multiple belts. i think the issue is how that is executed. i dont think its feasible in boxing tio have only the best fighting the best model like ufc personally. it will make for very short careers and minimise the build up to big fights.

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

In some cases "he's a natural" is true but it extremely rare.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Thats because you probably never competed in a combat sport at any level. For those of us who have it makes perfect sense.

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

5)do away with bitch weight clases. If your woman weighs more than a pro boxer that weight class shouldnt exist.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

so, I'm sure your woman weighs more than 130.

that means there's no chavez, Zamora, zarate, gomez, barrera, marquez, morales, pacquiao, or Salvador sanchez.

are you that stupid?

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

sure, maybe a champ at wbc, wba, ibf, and wbo.

what I hate is diamond champ, intermim champ, silver champ, champ emeritus....all from one organization in the same weight class.

Remus likes this.
  13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Why stop at 130 why not have a sanctioned dwarf division? Would that satisfy your morbid fetish for midgets?

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

come on, man.

neta, te pasaste de mamon. esa si me dio hueva, guey.

15. Remus

Remus Member

i get most of what your doing is trolling, but even if you hate the <130 division, what harm does it do to actually have them ?

some of the greatest fighters of our generation would never have become great without a 126pnd division. you think barrera, morales etc would have become the fighters they were without growing into their bodies at lower weights ? if they all started at the divisions they ended they wouldn't have become half the fighters they were.

boxing is not mma. its an artform that requires finesse, practice and muscle memory. to be the best of the best, you have to be supreme in 3-5 things rather than be competant in 15-20. in its purest form...mma is about how well you plug weaknesses, boxing is about how well you perfect strengths. think about that. this cant happen in 5 or 10 fights. this happens over 20-30 fights.

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I think that's where we disagree. You believe in protecting a fighter. Carefully picking and chosing the right opponents to pad their undefeated records. In the UFC the best fight the best from the gate. If youre a hypejob you get exposed fairly quickly. The problem I have with promoters letting fights marinate is that fights never get made or when its too late like Pac vs Mayweather or Hopkins vs Roy Jones 2. Boxing allows too much wiggle room for scumbags promoters to weasel their fighters out of the dangerous fights the fans want to see. If you're ok with fighters "growing into" their best form while we get screwed out of good fights thats not me. Let them learn on the job and get a couple of loses under their belt. Thats another thing in boxing losing that 0 is so overrated. Young fighters want to protect their undefeated records theyre afraid to take a challange.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

You can thank floyd for that last part about hyping up the 0 but he did fight everyone.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

6) Womens boxing. Not a fan at all. I'd probably watch women's boxing if they went topless. That would be fun to watch.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

have you seen some of those women?

20. TIP

TIP Member

You can't have 4 world champions in the same weight class, there can be only one. Apparently no standardized criteria for scoring and judges not being accountable for ridiculous scores. top fighters only having 2 matches a year. Alphabets controlling boxing and irrational ratings. top boxers not fighting top opposition either never Jones Jr. vs Darius M. or to late Floyd vs Pac. TIP

Michael Matos and mex fighter like this.