Thurman-Pacquiao who wins?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Valdosta, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

You didn’t answer the question. The answer was yes Connor had to go to boxing to get his biggest payday. Some UFC mid carders who have been around forever get paid a couple hundred thousand. You don’t have to be Canelo or Mayweather to make more than that in boxing. With the UFC going to ESPN the fighters will get screwed over even more. ESPN paying the UFC a flat rate kills the PPV points.

2. Remus

Remus Member

i happened to watch this fight finally. pac looked pretty amazing for a 40yo. alot faster and dartier than i expected.
    pac vs floyd will happen next year ? battle of the grandpas.

3. Valdosta

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Boxing is ded, brah!

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Whats your point? It was a shitty card Holloway vs Edgar was the main event. I think this will be the UFCs downfall. Saturating us with ppv events every week. Sometimes less is more. But boxing is in an even sadder state. Pbc doesnt want to play with the others. Protecting their fighters and keeping fights from being made. Thats why we wont see Spence vs Crawford any time soon.

6. Valdosta

The point is that’s a pretty typical UFC card. They rely on stars and aren’t exactly on the upswing. You have 1 decent draw ( Jon Jones) and that’s it. Boxing is absolutely not on worse shape than The UFC. If it was there wouldn’t be guys making 8 figures in boxing. Even if it’s only a few there’s 0 making that in MMA.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Give it time boxing has a long head start. How long has boxing been around? The UFC started in the mid 90s. Canelo is the highest paid boxer of all time. And please dont try to say Floyd was a bigger draw. Hey listen I was at the MGM when Floyd fought corrales. I bought some cheap seats for 80 bucks and by the time the main event started there was so many empty seats we all moved down and got an upgrade for free lol. Floyd wasnt the super star at Top rank it was the golden boy. Floyd didnt become a big draw until he humiliated Gatti his first big event. Floyd is famous because he cherry picked his way to the top. A shrewed businessman.

8. Valdosta

Canelo has the biggest contract but like it or not Floyd had bigger checks at the end of his career. We can pretend like Floyd cherry picked his whole career but he beat some perceived threats who were bigger than him. Schooling the shit out of a 42-0-1 Canelo being a good example of that.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Kinich is regurgitating shit from all mmgay fans we've read a thousand times. Boxing had a head start blah blah blah.

Oh, but boxing is dead because no one posts here any more. What more proof do you need?

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Boxing has taken downward spiral in the last 20 years. This place was rocking and rolling with boxing talk back in the day. Does it mean boxing is dead? NO BUT its a good measuring stick to show peoples interest in boxing. You have a habit of holding on to every word I say and twisting it. Cmon use common sense.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

common sense is that people get tired of posting, have nothing to say, and/or have moved on.

that's why there are only a few of us left here. its the same in every website of every sport.

ok, lets say it has taken a downward spiral. so what? they are still showing damned good fights every single weekend. the Ramirez/hooker fight was outstanding Saturday night. next week arreola will fight that polish guy kownacki which will be a barn burner. yes, they are fat but yes, they are entertaining as hell.

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

You nailed it with Kownacki vs Areola. That fight was entertaining. As they used to say back in the day it was a crowd pleaser. Pascal vs Browne was a lesson in the old nothing beats experience theory. Pascal just kept setting him up for the sweeping right hand and when Browne was expecting it he never threw it, and when he wasn't expecting it Pascal threw it. Good stuff.
    The Stevens vs Omotoso fight was a good old-fashioned whoever lands first wins type of fight. Fox has been putting on good entertaining cards recently and you can't beat the 8pm start time.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

A question for all you UFC/MMA haters. How many times have we seen a recently crowned champion get stripped. A guy has multiple titles(ibf,wbc,wbo ect) and gets stripped of one because he wont fight his mandatory(usually a guy nobody has ever heard of). Can you blame a linear champ for not fighting a tomato can and instead fighting Canelo or Mayweather for bigger money???

That shit never happens in the UFC. The UFC decides who fights who. They are the promoters, sanctioning bodies, tv networks all in one. Fights get made how is that a bad thing from a fan point of view?

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

So what youre saying is youre happy with crumbs. Im a big Chris Arreola fan super nice guy he was my trainer many years ago. But Chris Arreola's career is going nowhere fast. Theres 3 guys that matter. Fury, Wilder and Joshua. We never got to see Joshua vs Wilder thanks to promotion and networks conflicts. This fighter is with pbc, this fighter is wih top rank, another fighter is with dazn. And fights never get made. Fans get screwed.

15. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

No what I'm saying is that nothing beats a fight card on network television on a Saturday evening. It was a good card.