Spence Jr. vs Porter

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Errol Spence Jr. unified two of the welterweight title belts when he won a split decision victory over Shawn Porter. Good fight. Spence Jr. had his hands full Porter for the most part made Spence Jr. fight his fight. Spence Jr. knocked Porter down in the eleventh and it was a brutal shot if it had happened earlier in the round it night not have gotten to the judges. The two judges who scored it for Spence Jr. 116-111 with the knockdown which is an 8 rounds to 4 scorecard and the fight was a lot closer than that. No way Spence Jr. won twice as many rounds as Porter. I'm not even sure he won more rounds than Porter.

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah it was a great fight. Even with the knockdown I had it a draw. According to the punch stats Spence landed more jabs and power shots. But it was Porter who imo dictated the tempo of the fight. The commentators in this fight were horrible. LL even went as far as to say that Errol made it difficult because he wanted to beat Porter at his own game. What a crock of shit...no more like Porter made it uncomfortable for Spence and he over estimated his own ability to deal with a in your face fighter. Im so sick and tired of the bias pbc commentators making excuses for Errols lack luster performance. In the Diaz fight" he didnt ko Mikey because he wanted to show he could box " now this.

One thing I learned about Spence is his power is overrated. Hes far from being the best p4p fighter today. I give Manny Paquio a 50/50 chance. To beat this guy.

El Profesor likes this.
  3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The under card had nice fights.

The Barrios vs Ahkmedor was very close also. I actually thought the Turk did enough to with even with the two knock downs.

The Benevides vs Dirrell was good but the cut on the eyelid changed the whole fight. Btw Benevides is a big ass Mexican.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Shitty reffing too. Jack Reiss must have missed a half dozen low blows and that was almost every round. They were so obvious that the crowd was oooohing every time Spence Jr. landed one. Agree with you about the PBC announce team. Albert and Joe Goosen were running on about a right hand Spence Jr. landed and asked Lennox what he thought about it and Lennox said he didn't see it. I had to laugh.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Cut changed the Dirrell fight, Dirrell was doing a good job of just out thinking Benevidez. I give Direll credit, he knew the cut was going to get the fight stopped so he went for broke and came up short.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I thought the turk did enough to win, too, even with the 2 knockdowns.

In the first fight, poor john molina is going to die in the ring some day. He's already punchy.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

John Molina Jr must have a second job. I can totally picture him as a plumber. He just doesnt seem committed to his craft anymore. Everytime Eli is interviewing fighters at Dan Goosen's gym John Molina is right there shooting the shit. The same with the Garcia gym. Eli Seckback is a bad influence. Thats why Freddy kicked him out of his gym. That sneaky Joo.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

images (1).jpeg

9. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

This Errol Spence guy must really suck. He won every second of every round against Garcia. Then he could only win a close fight against Porter (KD being the difference), his power is sooo overrated. Garbage fighter.

Hawaiianpunch likes this.
  10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The other day we were having a friendly argument about who the top p4p fighter is. Errol Spence and Lomachenko were two of the most popular fighters. And I said how can people be so quick to say a guy is top p4p when he only has a half dozen fights (in Lomachenko) or hasnt been tested (Spence). In my opinion Spence was tested last night and he failed to make the necessary adjustments despite having the height, reach, and supposedly power advantage. In my opinion and in the opinion of many boxing fans not only was Spence overrated but really shouldve lost last night. Just imagine what would happen if he moved up to 160 and fought GGG or Adrade? If he cant deal with Porter how is he going to do against a guy like Canelo at 160. No wonder he didnt take the 20 million to fight Canelo at 160 and now we know why.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Fuck canelo

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Fuck Barrios he sucks. He lost last night and must be with pbc just like Errol Spence thats the only reason they got the decision.

13. Valdosta

Isn’t that the guy who couldn’t ko little Mathew Hatton,a shot Cotto and gets generous cards left and right? Not to mention he’s a cheat, I agree fuck him.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

He's the guy that moved from 154 to 160 to face the boogey man (GGG) and stood in the pocket with him. The same guy that walked him down in the rematch. Many boxing fans considered GGG the biggest puncher in boxing. When Canelo faced Hatton he was green. When he faced Cotto he won an easy decision. At an elite level you cant knock out everyone. Canelo has never been a knockout artist. He has boxing skills so he doesnt have to rely on his power. He can knock you out but hes more of a volume puncher.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Guys like Errol Spence who his fans claim hes a ko artist really isnt. Fuck Errol Spence. Next to be exposed is Lomachenko.

16. Valdosta

Actually Canelo was already a Middleweight when he fought GGG. Stood in the pocket? That’s not what I would call the first fight. As much as you say he walked GGG down in the second fight, what happened the first fight. The difference is GGG has a better jab to control a fight regardless of how he fights. Funny you say at an elite level you can’t ko everyone. That’s the sam exact thing I said when Spence schooled Garcia for every round of that fight. Hypocrite.

17. Valdosta

Holy shit this is stupid. Do you like any fighter besides cheater,generous score cards Canelo? It sure doesn’t seem like it. Spence was “exposed” by winning a close fight.:slaphead::nutso:

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Let me be honest and unbias about Spence. He's a good big strong welter weight with above average skills. I just feel his fans and pbc have really hyped him up to be something he's not. I think the Porter and Garcia fights showed two things....he's not the boogey man that everyone in the Welter Weight division is ducking and 2 his power is overrated. I have no problem with him winning a ud against Garcia...and I have no problem with him getting the split decision against porter. I just have a problem with people that claimed Spence had the power to ko Garcia but wanted to outbox him instead. (A lie that Spence himself said after the fight). He also said he would knock Porter out...a guy that stayed infront of him all night. I knew that was another lie coming into the fight. When a fighter has to lie to himself and his fans to pump himself up... that should be a red flag hes not what he claims to be. What would Tommy Hearns or Trinidad do to a Shawn Porter? Theres levels to greatness son.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Btw my favorite active fighters atm....

Canelo and Pacquio because they have the balls to face the toughest opponents. Canelo is moving up to 175...a big weight and size disadvantage against the biggest puncher at 175. A very dangerous fight yet according to you guys hes a coward and a cheat. Im sure youll find some lame excuse to complaint about his fight.

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I'll give freckles something....he is the best 155 lber in history.