Sosa vs. Lomachemko

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Ringside, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Ringside

Ringside El Padrino aka Boxing Fanatics Legend aka The Godf

Next week and supposes to be one sided. My hairdresser is not gay and an ex fill in boxer at clubs and reminds me of an Italian Snatchito in height and ' in looks. Also similar age. Well he grew up with Sosa and is still good friends. I really don't follow Sosa these days but heard Sosa has no chance. I told my hairdresser whom I've known quite a while I'd see what folks say on the boards. Sosa is from Camden city..bad ass ghetto which abput 15 miles from me My hir dressor is also born local in N.J. and went to school with him.Any thought???

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

sosa has no chance.

3. Ringside

Damn. I checked the tics as it is near mano in the National Harbor in Maryland and I would have gone with him but for this lopsided fight supposedly the cheapest tic is about 180 and special boxes over a 1000. I saw GGG at the garden for well under a hundred for 2 (both combined)me and my wife..from stubhuib. ..over ringside level 2 center in the freakin Garden in a sold out fight!!!. What a ripoff for an area that gets very few big shows live in boxing. Matos is right Wrestling is way more fan friendly.

4. Ringside

Yeah but I was asked to see him spar many times locally but I never got around. Sort of feel guilty as I thought the fight may be west coast and you know who could send me copy of his pics but it is east coast. Last week I dropped HBO cause the boxing is shit despite the fact I like Bill Maher. Oh well! Someone post round for round please next week....lol

5. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

PR will have no champs after next week :sad1:

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Loma is overrated like Chocolatito....who has he beat? great amateur but imo he needs to prove more. Right hes got potential....mikey murders him.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

what is this, 2000?

8. TIP

TIP Member

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

mikey looks like an Olmec statue.

10. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

I wish , we had plenty champs back then :sayitaintso:

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

the well has run dry for puelto lico, amol de ley!

12. Ringside

Anyone have updates ? I actually quit HBO a few weeks ago! Now I wish I waited two more weeks to talk about it being a local fighter. Fuck HBO anyway. Hoping for an upset.

13. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

I think Mikey needs to prove more. His resume isn't much better than lomachenko's and he has 4 times as many fights.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  14. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I went to the fights last night. I enjoyed myself, it was a decent card. got to see a couple of local prospects, Mike "Yes Indeed" Reed and Pat Harris who both won decision victories to remain undefeated. Reed is now 22-0 and it's time for him to step up to better quality opposition. Jesse Hart the son of former middleweight contender "Cyclone" Hart retained his USBA 168 pound title with a fifth round TKO hopefully putting him in line for a title shot later this year. Alexander Usyk score a unanimous decision victory over an awkward Mike Hunter to retain his Cruiserweight title. The Co-feature was a bit of a mismatch as was the main event, Sosa had a punchers chance but to be honest Lomachenko is a good fighter but to me watching him live I didn't see the wizardry that the HBO boys have raved about in his last few fights of his I've watched on TV.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he's definitely an Olympic type boxer with a little more pop.

16. Valdosta

He throws some really good, hard body shots. He starts slow and looks so so early but gets better as the fight goes along.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Im basing this on their performances against common opponents. Loma lost to Salido(a close fight that could have gone either way) and Rocky Martinez(that Mikey had already beat). we both have been fans of the sport long enough to know that styles make fights so anything is possible. Youre right Garcia needs a big fight but to be fair he had promotional problems and had a two year lay off. I think Loma is very talented not taking anything away from him but I also dont overrate him. hes a guy with just 7 pro fights and one loss so Id like to see more before I call him p4p anything. We know he can be beaten and last time I checked mikey is still undefeated so if anything Loma has more to prove.

18. Valdosta

Lomachenko lost, so what. In his first 8 fights he's fought the type of guys that Garcia didn't fight until he had around 30 fights. Not to mention Salido came in big and was allowed to foul the fuck out of Loma. Lomachenko and Garcia are both 2 of the best fighters in the World but I don't see where Garcia has proven much more than Lomachenko despite having way more fights.

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Salido always fights like that he did the same with Mikey even broke his nose with a head butt but Mikey fucked him up and dropped Salido. Im not sure if you watched lomas last fight against Sosa but the TV Azteca boxing announcers including Chavez Sr. were all giving him mad props. The guy is super talented and if he ever fights Mikey Garcia it will be very entertaining and probably the toughest fight for both. Having said that hes very defensive and elusive but you can tell he lacks power. If Mikey catches Loma its lights out.

20. Valdosta

Actually Mikey wanted the fight stopped after the broken nose and then it was. Salido is not allowed to hit everyone low like he did to Lomachenko. It was horrible reffing. He should have at least had points taken. Regardless that was Lomachenko 2nd fight he's clearly improved since then. He's beaten guys on Salido's level and guys better than Salido quite easily. It would be a interesting fight but I doubt it ever happens.