Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

What are some of your favorite boxing sites?

For me fightnews.com changed my whole life when it comes to boxing. Before that I had to get my boxing news from magazines or articles from newspaper.

Maxboxing was another I enjoyed. Doughie and Kim had good content back then.

Gman told me about this site and its pretty good.

http://ucnlive.com/author/german-villasenor/

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Fightfanatics.com

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I don't read Kim, he's too much of an egomaniac for me. I get most of my Boxing news from Boxing Twitter. Most of the people if not all of the writer for Boxing websites are on Twitter anyway.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

George Foreman's daughter Freeda who had a brief career as a professional fighter was found dead in her home this afternoon. Freeda Foreman was 42.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I remember her. She came in to boxing right around the same time as laila ali and there was talk of a fight between the two. She was my age. Kind of young still.

6. TIP

TIP Member

RIP Freeda.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

IBF Super Middleweight champion Caleb Plant's mother was shot and killed by police over the weekend. Apparently she pulled a knife on an ambulance driver who called the police. When police arrived they said she brandished the knife towards the officers and fearing their safety and the safety of others she was shot.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Is Mikey Garcia tbe Chicano boxer if he beats spence?

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

nah, Oscar will still be.

Oscar's resume is 100 times better than mikey's.

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Mikey is undefeated. What good is having big names on your resume when he lost most of his big fights.

Lost to Trinidad, Mosley, Paquio, Hopkins and Mayweather.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

That doesn't merit a reply. Bye.

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Garcia > dlh

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

14. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Anybody else thinking Garcia is in trouble for the jump to 147?

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

my heart say Miguel angel, my money said errol.

I haven't been nervous before a fight for a long ass time. I haven't felt this feeling in a long time......I FUCKING LOVE BOXING!!!!

16. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

I tried to explain to my wife (when they showed the list of "Current 135 Champions" during the Commey fight a couple of weeks ago) the significance of Garcia fighting for the 147 lb. belt, and how much of a difference it makes. No catch-weight either = A real fight :nodding:
    I can't wait to see this one!!! :Popcorn:

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I have a 3 day weekend and I'm super excited about this fight like Mex said it's been a long time since I felt nervous for a fight. I'm going to have my munchies and beer ready for this weekend, just know it will be exciting no matter who wins. I wonder how much size will be a factor? Like when Kell Brook moved up to fight GGG?

18. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

Spence - 146.25; Garcia - 145.5

Looks like Robert Garcia's prediction of Spence struggling to make weight was all hype

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

kell brook is no Miguel angel Garcia, though.

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I think it's hilarious that the Garcias made this big ole production about strenght traing at snac yet at the weigh in he looks flabby af. I see no difference from this Mikey to his other fights. No muscle tone whatsoever.