Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Oscar invested his money and company in him.

Better Oscar than Fernando Beltran who it would have been for sure. Canela might be out of boxing by now or fighting on Friday nights on Telemundo if it wasn't for Oscar.

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

So is Ryan Garcia ungrateful too. I hear he hates working with Golden Boy. Errol Spence Jr didnt have nice things to say about working with Golden Boy. Im starting to see a pattern here.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Yeah, all these assholes think they are worth more than they really are.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Judge tossed out Canelo's lawsuit yesterday. Canelo can't believe he didn't get the judges decision.

El Profesor and mex fighter like this.
  5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I can believe it. We are in the middle of a pandemic they (dazn & goldenboy)could just say they cant pay Canelo what they promised if the fans arent filling up the arenas. And i believe hes still under contract for a few more years so they could argue they still have time to deliver on their contract of x fights. Im sure his lawyers will appeal but Canelo really has no argument. This might be a blessing in disguise for Canelo. Instead of being sidelined for a couple of years he can stay active and give his fans some good fights. Look what happened to Mikey Garcia. He spent close to 3 years fighting his lawsuit and in the end it ruined his career. Wasted talent.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Ha!

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Ruined it how? He CHOSE to fight Spence and has won titles at 135 and 140 since the lawsuit.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You think after a 3 year hiatus Mike Garcia is the same fighter? Mike had this long drawn out legal battle and couldnt fight in his prime. 3 years of ring rust is a lifetime for a fighter. And btw he didnt just fight Errol Spence. He got humiliated by Errol Spence. He didnt win a single round imo. It wasnt even a fight he was in survival mode. What has mikey done after Spence other than hangout at RBG gym and go to carne asadas??? The guys career is going nowhere fast. Because hes not a true welter and cant beat any true welters. He should go down to 140 but probably cant make weight with all them tacos hes eating.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

He lost to a much bigger man 12-0. Thats understandable. How did freckles do vs a midget in floyd?I

Mikey doesn't really care whether he fights again or not. Hes set for life and will now pursue his career as a cop, what he always wanted to do.I

I can tell you've watching ellie a lot lately.

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Well then you agree with me. Mike's heart is not in it anymore. Nothing wrong with him walking away. My only point was that being inactive for 2 or 3 years is never good for a boxer. So im glad Canelo's lawsuit got thrown out of court so maybe we can see him against the top guys.

Will you be watching Charlo vs Devarachenko?

https://fightnews.com/showtime-reveals-charlo-ppv-price-74-95/84521

11. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Been reading up on the Canelo decision and it seems it was tossed on a technicality. It will be refiled in short order. There are two DAZN entities, DAZN worldwide and DAZN USA and Canelo's legal team didn't specify which.

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

In some corner news, Deontay Wilder has officially severed ties with Mark Breland. It appears he had never been able to get past Breland pulling the plug on him on his loss to Tyson Fury.
    Andy Ruiz is now part of the Eddie Reynosa stable or depending how you look at it the Canelo stable. Ruiz will train alongside Canelo, Ryan Garcia, Oscar Valdez and Luis Nery.

In other news Eddie Hearn has tested positive for the Coronavirus. Hearn had stated on many occasions that his self created fighter bubble was above and beyond any other sports stringent Covid protocols. Not so much.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

if you follow oscar valdez and nery, you KNOW that they are going backwards fighting in reynoso's style. they need to brawl, not box.

they are getting hit more and will get ktfo. i'm betting berchelt will ko valdez when they fight. if neroids fights navarrete, he'll get ktfo, too.

too bad kinich won't see any of these action packed fights, though.

El Profesor and Michael Matos like this.
  14. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'm still surprised that Nery made weight and passed a drug test for the same fight.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Oh you mean like when your cross dressing boyhood idol took singing lessons and hired Floyd Mayweather Sr to get cute and use the shoulder roll. I laughed so hard when he tried to use that shoulder roll crap on Arturo Gatti and Gatti just lit him up...pop pop pop... like 5 de mayo piƱata. Lol .....I actually agree with you stick to what got you there. The Reynosos are great coaches but its the wrong style for Valdez and Fatass.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Ok, cool!

17. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Canelo has refiled his lawsuit.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Btw i did watch Panteritas fight last saturday on the charlo's under card but the ufc fights were more interesting

19. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Anybody see Zepeda vs Baranchyk last night? Hands down fight of the year. 8 knockdowns in 5 rounds. Zepeda down twice in the first and Baranchyk once, Baranchyk down once in the second and third, they traded knockdowns in the 4th and in the last thirty seconds of the fifth Baranchyk knocked Zepeda down and Zepeda got up and took Baranchyk out with one shot with Baranchyk on the canvas for close to ten minutes.

20. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

YES!!! YES!!!
    I thought that I was the only one who saw this. Valdez is getting hit way too much while offering so little in his counters.
    If he could outslug (but I still think he took way too much punishment) a much heavier Quigg, he can outslug anyone. His aggressive style "works" for him.