Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

My bad.....

2. Remus

Remus Member

Who is that ?

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

He's a former ufc fighter/comedian. Has his own podcast. Used to be in Rogan's you tube channel.

4. Remus

Remus Member

I don’t know if he knows anything about boxing. Never heard of him. But he speaks the truth.
    We’re you being sarcastic ? If not, what did this dude say that changed your mind ?

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I was being a little sarcastic. But he made some valid points. Part of what makes Wilder scary is that he can change a fight with one punch. We saw it with Fury in the 12th (didnt agree with the dec) and with Ortiz 2. Its kind of freakish He's built like a basketball player at 6"7 and a lean 219....but punches that hard???? And when you consider he took a gamble by not doing what canelo did and turned down a 120 million multi fight deal with dazn. Instead opted to be in the drivers seat and pick and choose his own fights. By being a "free agent" he doesn't have promotional conflicts to keep him from making the fights fans want to see. I still think he's a bit overrated. But if he can clean out the division I would have to give him the credit he deserves.

6. Remus

Remus Member

So after watching that video, I went down the rabbit hole of suggested videos and came across this.

Much love to this guy. It’s rare something like this gains my attention. It’s so beautifully done. The wolf analogy is brilliant. I wish this dude did more boxing and less mma. Whole alot of his premises draw a long bow, you can’t argue with how he presents his material. Epic.

7. Remus

Remus Member

its a super close fight. at the time i watched it i thought it was a draw only only because of the 10-8 12th. i thought that fight talk was in this thread but i cant find it. I've watched this fight quite a few times now and i swing from 114-112 F to 114-112 W.

thing is with 2x 10-8 rnds, he only has to win 3 of the other 10 for it to be a draw. So you'd have to give fury 8 of the remaining 10 rnds for him to win. did fury do enough to win 8 of the 10 ? well, only if you give fury the benefit of the doubt in every close round. How close was it ? well if you look at the official scorecard for say rnd 8...the dude that scored it 115-111 wilder gave the 8th to fury and the dude that scores it 114-110 fury gave the rnd to wilder.

Michael Matos likes this.
  8. Remus

Remus Member

Is Eddie Hearn the slimiest, smarmiest obnoxious cunt of a promoter of all time ? I say yes.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Did you see the staredown? Eddie Hearn was helping Joshua stare Ruiz down lol.

Why do say hes obnoxious just curious?

10. Remus

Remus Member

Just listening to the cunt talk. His face...makes me wanna slap that smirk off his face.