Joshua-Wilder Looks Like A Go In The U.K.

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Numerous outlets are reporting that Deontay Wilder has accepted an offer to fight Anthony Joshua in the UK this fall. Apparently it is a two fight deal with the rematch in the U.S.

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

It speaks of the sad state of the hw boxing that they have to go to England for people to give a shit. Boxing has died. Nobody cares.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

oh no!!!!! boxing has died!!!!!!!!

you'll watch the fight, though.

4. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Now that’s a proper heavyweight fight...I’m watching that one while it lasts...

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

not kinich.....we'll be watching mma with a card featuring either:

ron de rousy
    the great return of anderson silva
    the rematch between the guy with the great mustache who looks like tom selleck vs that big blonde jap
    mcgregor
    holm

(is there anyone else in ufc?)

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Well boxing is still popular in Mexico, England and east asia. But it's dead in murica. Outside of Mayweather black fighters are not big draws. Most Americans heard of Connor but not Wilder. So mma wins.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Didn't Rousey get elected into the UFC Hall of Fame?

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

where are the biggest fights in the world held?

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

In mma arenas across the world. There's only a handful of boxers that could draw a crowd. Not every boxer is Canelo or Mayweather. Every ufc event sells out. It's a global sport. You're the stereotypical American that thinks anyone outside of your country are 3rd world savages lol.

10. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I never watch wrestling except in the 50s and 60s but last night I think it was was Monday night wrestling. WTF!! This wrestler is sitting in the middle of the ring with a guitar singing a song about beating his upcoming opponent for championship. He then shows off his expensive guitar given to him by John Mayer. Then his future champion opponent blasts into the room and onto the ring and taunts the challenger and threatens to kick his guitar. Meanwhile the freakin fans are screaming just like in the 50s like they believe this stuff..lol Then the champ stomps on the guitar upsetting the challenger as the crowd cheers. At this point I turn the station. Nothing against it my grandson loves this stuff but it is way worse the the same stuff in in the 50s with killer Kowalski , haystacks Calhoun and the rest of the normal wrestlers who were fixed but more natural in feel and way less drama. .

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ok, ok....you win.

question.....date for date, event for event, pound for pound....how many boxing events are there compared to ufc events weekly around the world?

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

It's a fill in storyline, Elias(Guitar player) and Seth Rollins(guitar stomper) They're wrestling this weekend on PPV.. Every week Elias comes out and does a song that insults the city the show is in, last night I think they were in Little Rock and then someone will come out to salvage the reputation of the city Rollins the champion is the champion because the champion before him, The Miz was making a movie, filming a reality show and his wife had a baby and he was going to be off the roster for a while so they needed a replacement. Rollins is a member of a tag team called The Shield but one of the members of The Shield is out for a long stretch with an injury so they had to find something for Rollins to do. It's a long running soap opera. My wife and I get a kick out of it, her niece is here every Monday and Tuesday for Raw and Smackdown and she knows all the chants and call backs and we don't mind suspending reality for a couple of hours on a Monday and Tuesday for her benefit. She was quite put out that the guitar got stomped last night.

13. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I was talking to Michelle Rosado who is an up an coming promoter who put's on shows in Philadelphia and Arizona and she said that worldwide Boxing is literally a 365 day a year sport. Every day somewhere in the world there is a Boxing card being put on and more than half of them are broadcast on one platform or another whether it be television or internet.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yup. there is boxing every single day all over the world.

but these mmgaysters get excited their shows sell out. if there was boxing once a month in the united states, people would be fighting for tickets.

15. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

You pro wrestling fans are just as big nerds as comic books and sci-fi fans, lol.

16. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

lol. Funny story line. Maybe Ill try again and even get hooked. I did like the way he trashed Little Rock . That was funny. My grandson has Asperger and likes all this stuff. He is very smart like so many but gets mad when he can't express things at times or get his way which has a trace of spoiling in that..lol. He always puts on wrestlng video games and can lock in an d play them for hours. he has favorite wrestlers.

17. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

There is a method to my madness. I don't want to clog up a rare entry on the Boxing board so when it comes up in the other place I'll elaborate.

18. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

My wife's niece has a speech impediment but when she is watching wrestling and doing the chants and call backs her speech is perfect. We'll talk about it in another place.

19. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

ok.:thumby: