Joshua/Ruiz

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by TIP, May 31, 2019.

1. TIP

TIP Member

Does 6-2 ft 268lb Ruiz have a chance at being the first Mexican heavyweight champ. or was Ramos the best chance Mexico had? Ramos gave Joe everything he had and hurt Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3nARZ1ZFkw

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Alex sanfer Garcia had a good chance until he fucked it all up for himself, getting knocked out by a scrub in a tune up fight.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Look for family members to attend ruiz' funeral next week.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

On Boxing Twitter seems to be a few people who are giving Ruiz a shot. I'm not there yet. Despite the 268lb the only way I see Ruiz winning is outhustling Joshua.

Ramos almost did what Foreman ended up doing, hurt Joe early with a good shot but couldn't follow up. Great to see the introductions before the fight, I miss that. It was good to see Zale and Galento and when they introduced Wepner as the Heavyweight Champion of New Jersey it reminded me that in that era being a state champion carried some weight in terms of ranking and getting big fights especially if you were champion of either New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or California. Hedgemon Lewis was damn good fighter but always came up a bit short. Had to smile when Don Dunphy after a long silence during the first round when Frazier and Ramos were trading bombs said "I don't have to say anything, the action speaks for itself". I listened to a lot of sports on the radio and those commentators were so good you saw the game on the radio. Now days when you watch a fight it's like listening to a fight on television, they don't shut up.

TIP likes this.
  5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Well Andy Ruiz knocked down Anthony Joshua four times and won the heavyweight title with a seventh round stoppage. Ruiz was knocked down in the third but got up to knock down Joshua twice and twice again in the seventh for the victory.

6. TIP

TIP Member

And the First Mexican Heavyweight Champion Andy Ruiz. Party Mexico. TIP

Michael Matos likes this.
  7. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

British glass was flying all over tonight. I know it’s heavyweight but Joshua’s chin isn’t good. Ruiz is not a big puncher.

8. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Joshua has been hiding that chin for too long. Well done Ruiz and congrats to Mexico .

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Just wow!

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Ruiz is not from Mexico:rolleyes:. You mean congrats Americans.:clapping:

11. Remus

Remus Member

I think most people suspected AJ was a hype job but to get beaten by Ruiz like this ? I didn’t expect that.
    Reminds me a bit of Audley Harrison I think his name was.

Well done to Ruiz, huge props, regardless of Joshua’s fakery.

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I agree he reminds me of Micheal Grant. Big tall lumbering hw that fell apart when the going got tough. A good win for this chubby guy he seems like a nice enough bloke but Wilder would murder him. Ruiz is no champion hes buster douglas 2.0

13. TIP

TIP Member

I'm having a shot of Don Julio in honor of Ruiz. TIP

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he was born in mexicali, wasn't he?

Regardless, he has automatic dual citizenship and represented Mexico in the Olympics.....so suck it.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

How cute....humble bragging!

16. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Just one?

17. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Audley Harrison, Michael Grant, Frank Bruno.....you can pick any horizontal heavyweight and draw a comparison to Joshua. The excuses are already starting, training camp in Miami, an eye stye that limited sparring, too many press commitments are already making the rounds.

At the end of the fifth Joshua had to ask his corner what punch knocked him down in the third. He got short circuited and never recovered, it happens to the best of them and it also happens to the Anthony Joshua's of the Boxing world.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

He was born in Imperial Valley. But youre right just found out last night he did represent Mexico at the Olympics. I gave him his most mexican license back:mexsmiley:

Viva Mexico Cabrones:cheers::yoyes:

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Im glad a good guy like Ruiz became champ. Its a feel good story with all the odds stacked againts him and all. But cant help but to feel bad for AJ. Humble in defeat never made excuses and congratulated Ruiz. In contrast you have Wilder who talks about murdering his opponents in the ring just seems like a pos as a person. AJ is just a classy guy I hope he comes back and beats Wilder.

20. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

IMO it looked like AJ was looking for that "one shot KO" to try to 1up Wilder's KO. That being said, how about Ruiz to come up off the mat, eat another huge right hand, and then turn around and land a left that AJ (I believe) never recovered from.
    I believe if he had pressed AJ in the 4th round, he knocks him out there. Ruiz didn't realize how truly badly hurt AJ was.

Wilder punches wide. Ruiz comes straight ahead. I'm not so sure Wilder isn't eating Ruiz's punches if they ever met.
    - Unified Mexican Heavyweight Champion anyone?
    That could be the catalyst to return BFanatics to its former glory.

Michael Matos and TIP like this.