Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Playboy, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Lomachenko is no Brock Lesnar he's got got an extensive amateur background. He seems to be getting better with every fight. They say there's no such thing as bad publicity. If Lomachenko gets people to talk about boxing it's a good thing in my humble opinion.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

but he only weighs 130 so you aren't watching him anyway.

3. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

While it's true, I squeeze bigger things outta my keister than Lomachenko...
    um... I forgot the rest of my point...

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I usually watch fights in the fw division and above. A 130 pound fighter's average height is 5"6. The average height of a normal human. corrales my favorite fighter fought at 130 he was 6"1, Shane Mosley 5"7 fought at 130, De la Hoya 5"11, Mayweather 5"8 and the list goes on.

5. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Corrales shoulda been a Kronk fighter... Took full advantage of that height/reach.
    In the end, I respect him for wanting to mix it up inside with the tenacity he did, but I think Manny would've elevated his game to a whole new Mount Olympus level of super greatness.

6. Ringside

Ringside El Padrino aka Boxing Fanatics Legend aka The Godf

I saw Corrales vs. Popo
    You are forgetting his personal life. I saw him fight Freitas and he had some promise returning again and then he not too long after got killed. One of my favorite fighters but had demons that would have held him back.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Emmanuel would have channeled those demons and brought out the best in Chico.

8. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

I really think so too.
    Under Steward, I also see him rechanneling those inner demons for the positive with a more refined arsenal...making maximum use of his physical assets (especially in the wars he lost due to not boxing as wisely & refined as he would've under Emanuel) .
    Shit, I think he would've burned his way through divisionial titles like a towering inferno all the way up to Super Middle and with that, right about now, we'd be talking about him as the greatest pound for pound fighter of maybe the last 60 years (certainly the century) in lieu of Mayweather or Pacman... Surely in the discussion.

True Hypothetical story!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Calm down lol... while it's true that at 5"11 Corrales was freakishly tall for a 130 pound fighter his reach was below average for a man his height. For example when he fought Castillo who was only 5"7 the tale of the tape showed he had 69 in reach vs a 70 in reach for Corrales. Just to give you an example Sonny Liston at only 6"1 had an 84 inch reach!!! Fighting tall wouldn't have worked for Trex fighters like Corrales. He was a true baddass inside fighter/warrior.

10. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Yours truly does not let fancy schmancy facts get in the way of a "true story".

True Story;)