Fury vs Wilder II

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

The rematch between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder will take place February 22nd in Lad Vegas at the MGM Grand.

Remus likes this.
  2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Wilder weighed in at 231 pounds, the heaviest of his career and 18 pounds heavier than their first fight. Fury tipped the scale at 273 pounds, 19 pounds heavier than the first fight.

What to make of it. Wilder earlier in the week said he was around 230 and that he wanted to come in the high 220's so 231 is in the range he wanted to be at and just about everybody felt that 212 was too light for the first fight. 273 for Fury is a bit more of a puzzler. Fury has changed trainers since the first fight and maybe it was a plan to come in much heavier. Fury has said he is gunning for the knockout and when I heard that I thought it was just bluster but maybe he is and believes he can and feels that coming in heavier will help him. I'd be more concerned with Fury at 273 than Wilder at 231.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Remus likes this.
  3. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

If they both trained hard and are both in good shape I'll go for Fury by decision. If Fury is out of shape or not totally motivated then he gets knocked out.

4. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I just re watched first fight a few nights ago on the F1 station here. I felt that on the basis of that fight Wilder would win this one. If Fury does not move side to side much with all that weight, I see Wilder eventually knocking him down but not necessarily knock him out . Could be a repeat of last decision and a draw if that happens. I'm personally not impressed with either fighter . Both spend a fair amount of time in front of each other unless I'm getting old and rusty watching fights and am missing something here.

mex fighter likes this.
  5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

You're not missing anything. Just keep the WD40 handy and you'll always be as sharp as ever my friend.

Ringside and mex fighter like this.
  6. Remus

Remus Member

At that weight, all I can think is that Fury is gonna try smothering him and sapping wilders stamina away by leaning and holding. Just like Lennox used to.

7. Remus

Remus Member

Wilder looks super nervous or hyper focused. We’re about to find out which it is.
    Neither is good for stamina.

8. Remus

Remus Member

These 2 suck

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Win or lose I'm rooting for Fury. Such a character. Epic ringwalk.:mexsmiley:

10. Remus

Remus Member

Wilder looks like a transformer

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

All American judges and black referee. In favor of Wilder.

12. Remus

Remus Member

Wilder is funding that range quite quickly

13. Remus

Remus Member

Fury scored r3 kD. Nice

14. Remus

Remus Member

Wilder all over the place

15. Remus

Remus Member

His legs look gone to me

16. Remus

Remus Member

He about to go down

17. Remus

Remus Member

Yep he down

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I told you guys I wasn't impressed with Dontay Windmill Wilder. Fury making him look like the hype job fraud he really is.

19. Remus

Remus Member

Wilder has a ruptured eardrum, that makes sense about his lack of balance

20. Remus

Remus Member

Fury too big too aggressive and too skillful