Fury vs Wallin

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Fury won a unanimous decision. Surprisingly this ended up being a halfway decent fight, plenty of drama. Fury suffered a severe cut from a punch and I'm surprised they didn't stop it because it looked horrendous. After a fairly even first half of the the fight Fury took control over the last 6 rounds until the 12th when Wallin landed a shot out of nowhere, then a couple of more but he just couldn't land the finishing combination. . Much better fight than I thought it would be.

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah I agree with that Matos. Didnt expect the Swede to last more than a few rounds. I'm not surprised this fight wasnt stopped. Too much money riding on the Wilder vs Fury rematch. I felt bad for the Viking he had everything going against him. Btw Tony Weeks is a disgrace of a referee. When the Swede threw the left hook that caused the cut Weeks said it was an "accidental" head butt. If the fight had been stopped it would have gone to the score cards and robbed the sweddish meatball of a victory. The commentators were bias obviously and the fight was a lot closer than the score cards reflect.

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Fury is crazy....he came in with a traditional Mexican outfit and music. His ring entrance was epic. I didnt get offended by it like some Mexicans. It was funny. He reminded me of Nacho Libre :loling:

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Its sad to see the Mexican flag used as a prop in boxing.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

How is that? Its a big Mexican holiday weekend. Mexico has had a huge influence in the sport. How many world Champions has Mexico had? If anything Fury was giving Mexico props. As he Made his ring entrance he honored a few Mexican legends like Barrera, Morales and Chavez Sr.....even Yori Boy Campas got a little love from Fury. Our very own former boxingfanatics member Yoriboy must have been proud whereever he's at.:mexsmiley:

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Don't agree.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Yeah, because floyd was really honoring the flag when he dressed in the colors and mariachi hat.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Thats an entire diffrent scenario. Still I did not see Floyd's outfit as a sign of disrespect, but maybe that's because I knew the history behind it. He wore the outfit as a sign of respect for his uncle and trainer Roger Mayweather who was also a great fighter in his day. His uncle was known as the "Black Mamba" but later became known as the "Mexican Assassin". Cos the majority of his fights the opponent was Mexican or Latino hence the nickname. He was so good that in fact a lot of his Mexican opponents and fans seeked revenge against him. He would even show up to fight his Mexican opponent in a all black poncho and all white sombrero. So yeah apples and oranges. Fury was just giving Mexico props. He even said it...."El Rey de los Gitanos" aka Gipsy King.

10. Remus

Remus Member

that is a really bad cut. i know he didnt have a choice but to fight on, but that could cause him all sorts of problems in future.

Michael Matos likes this.
  11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Spare us the history lesson. We know the whole story.

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Exactly so what are you griping about? What Fury did was hardly the samething.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Yup, used the flag as a prop.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Youre not even a real mexican who cares what offended you. Your brother is a Trump supporter. Enough said.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Yeah, and goering's brother didn't agree with his politics, either.

What's your point?

I never said i was offended, i said the flag is being used as a prop.

16. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

The Fury card also broke the record for national anthems.

17. Remus

Remus Member

There’s actually 2 cuts. The one of the eye ridge being the most worrisome obviously. Even more worrisome is that it was from an overhand right. Say what you want about fury but he has no shortage of heart that’s for sure.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I was the first to make fun of ruiz vs Joshua but ruiz is a very skilled boxer who can get his hands on fury. he'd slice his face up.

19. Remus

Remus Member

i think hes too short to do that sorta damage. to cause a cut on the cheekbone or eye ridge you gotta typically be hitting straight or down. ruiz is always punching up with fury. even when they clinch his head isn't that close to furys pressure points to cause a cut from a headclash.

but i agree, ruizo is more skillful than i gave him credit for

20. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'm surprised nobody has ever questioned Fury's chin. Light punching Stevie Cunningham deposited him on his ass, Wilder decked him twice and an exhausted Wallin had him half a coat of paint away from kissing the canvas.