Cotto vs Kamegai

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Playboy, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Playboy

Playboy Member

Did anybody see this fight?
    Kamegai is unreal. He's like Margarito but without the cheating and disgrace.
    He just keeps coming forward even after being hit by the kitchen sink.
    Cotto hit this Japanese man with every punch and combination of every round and Kamegai would literally run up to Cotto and respond with chopping shots of his own.
    Cotto had to resort to a lot of pushing to create distance which he should've lost points for. That's not a boxing move.
    I don't know how much Kamegai has left with that face first bonzai-suicide bomber style but he's an excellent television match up.
    Cotto might need to hang them up. He got hit too much by a person with zero defense and couldn't put a dent in him after landing at will for 12 rounds.

2. Playboy

Playboy Member

Another thing I'd like to add is the crowd.
    From what I heard Jim Lampley say, the crowd was mostly Mexican or Mexican - American.
    They were chanting Cotto's name during the fight. I don't know where this took place. Also when Cotto had the in-ring post fight interview the crowd cheered for Cotto when he mentioned his last fight being in December.
    For all the talk of rivalry between puertoricans and Mexicans it's cool to hear mexican fans acknowledge an old boxer even if from a different country and appreciate the blood he spilled in the ring and the style he brought to the table.
    I think that shows the rich knowledge of the sport from those fans and the class of those in attendance. Much respect to the fight fanatic community that they are.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

cool my ass. fucking know-nothing millennials.

4. Ringside

Ringside El Padrino aka Boxing Fanatics Legend aka The Godf

When I saw Chavez Jr. early on in his career fought in the Garden the Ricans all cheered him in respect to his dad. He actually fought well early on. I posted it way back then. The Mex restaurant I go to that is Mex owned by a family often plays Marc Anthony music. They said they like it. So the rivelry is not personally real. Not like in baseball whaer Giants fans kill doyers in the parking lot!

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

you mean offer Doyers blow jobs.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

This reminds me of the time I went to see Mayweather vs Corrales at the MGM. Corrales came in the ring holding a Mexican flag and the Mexican fans went crazy and to be honest I'm not even sure Corrales is Mexican but he was my favorite fighter. I think Latinos will generally go for other Latino boxers. In this case you had cotto vs a jap so they rooted for the Latino but I guarantee that if cotto faced a Mexican they'd go for the Mexican.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

corrales was half Colombian, half meskin.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I do remember reading something about that but his step dad was black and that's what threw me off. I though he was half black and nica.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

nah, playa.

10. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Corrales was indeed half beaner...