(Showtime) Orlando Salido vs. Juan Manuel Lopez II (March 10) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boxing Fanatics Moderator

I don;t agree with how Rebel scores a round or 2 but absolutely insane that the judges had Juanma ahead lol.

Two of the ringside judge's scorecards had Lopez winning the fight. One had it a draw. Showtime's unofficial scorecard (Giampa) had Lopez winning one round at the time of stoppage.

Lopez's brain is scrambled at the moment.

Boxing Fanatics Champion

Thank God Solido finished him...I coudn't stand another robbery.
    He beat the snot out of JuanMa - bottom line.
    I don't know what Lopez was crying about, the ref gave him every chance to recover.
    Absolutely great fight - fitting end - both guys gave it their all..it's a pity Lopez made some silly comments.
    He IN NO WAY was winning that fight.
    Q. What is the difference between an Irish wake and an Irish wedding?
    A. One less drunk.

I thought the fight was a little closer. Salido was winning by about 2 points.

Boxing Fanatics Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mex fighter View Post
    juanma, although an asshole, gives us great fights 99% of the time. he might say he'll go in and box, but once he gets hit in the face, he can't help himself, he goes toe to toe. my kind of fighter!

i see salido having his number and knocking out again in the 10th after a shit load of give and take action.

as for mikey, look for a 7th round KO. he'll eventually move up and ko big mouth broner, too.
    MexFighter - great prediction!
    A. One less drunk.

Boxing Fanatics Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Valdosta View Post
    I don;t agree with how Rebel scores a round or 2 but absolutely insane that the judges had Juanma ahead lol.
    I had Lopez winning one round (5th) with one even (9th)
    Salido kicked his ass.
    A. One less drunk.

ha, pretty good, eh, lefthooker?
    ....and introducing to you, the very popular, Salvador Sanchez!

I think if Mikey Garcia fights Salido. Garcia will win.

That would be a huge step up for Garcia. It would definitely give us a great gauge of how good he is. I'd lean towards Salido right now.

Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Garcia actually has some defense, I think he would beat Salido decisively.

Boxing Fanatics Hall of Famer Rabid Kimba's Avatar

Thumbs up

juanma, although an asshole, gives us great fights 99% of the time. he might say he'll go in and box, but once he gets hit in the face, he can't help himself, he goes toe to toe. my kind of fighter!

i see salido having his number and knocking out again in the 10th after a shit load of give and take action.
    Te aventastes, buey...

Up, up, and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Boxing Fanatics Champion

ha, pretty good, eh, lefthooker?
    Right on the money - good one.
    A. One less drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Kimba View Post
    Te aventastes, buey...

i predicted mikey would ko concepcion in the 7th, too. damn, i should have laid out some cash on both fights.

as for mikey, look for a 7th round KO. he'll eventually move up and ko big mouth broner, too.

Pinche Mex.

That was a great fight, Salido deserves all the credit in the world for a SECOND knockout of Lopez. Talk about fucked up conditions, fight in PUerto Rico, Puerto Rican referee and judge, and he was the CHAMP. Its a good thing he produced the knock out. I hope this fight didn't damage Juanma, he has a champion's heart and throughout the fight, we all knew that he always had the potential of landing a huge punch, because even a hurt Juanma Lopez throws knockout punches.

Boxing Fanatics Hall of Famer Rabid Kimba's Avatar

i predicted mikey would ko concepcion in the 7th, too. damn, i should have laid out some cash on both fights.
    Pinche Aniceto...eres un brujo, buey...

Up, up, and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

what an asshole Juanma is, he was motioning to salido after he knocked him down, taunting him and while he did fight a brave fight I cant believe he was blaming the ref. He went down hard and got his shit pushed in, end of story. Great work Salido but I think Mikey beats him, Mikey is way more complete than Juanma and has MUCH better reflexes and defense, Salido looked great vs juanma because juanma is made for him.
    Anyway, Mexico beats PR yet again.
    Colombian or Puerto Rican women? YUUUUUKKKK I liked bubba better.
    ~~~~Unknown~~~~~

I had it 6-3 for Salido. Did count the 5th round as a 10-8 for Lopez, just barely. So Salido ahead 86-84. I could see the first round going to Lopez or being even, but most judges don't like even rounds, so the 85-85 is pushing it The other two cards that had it close but for Lopez, was some home cooking there. I don't want to see a third fight. Salido has his number. However, because he's got that journeymen type record, even though he is a damn good fighter, Salido is probably gonna have to KO or TKO guys because judges are not going to give a fighter breaks in close rounds with those losses against him.

Jack

Those of you picking Garcia to defeat Salido are banking on Garcia having a good beard and some good-sized cojones. He has yet to display either one of those qualities to date because his competition has been weak so far. If I had to put my money on it, I'm going to guess Arum doesn't put Garcia anywhere near Salido for awhile. I think Garcia's handlers will opt for the title shot against Caballero instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Those of you picking Garcia to defeat Salido are banking on Garcia having a good beard and some good-sized cojones. He has yet to display either one of those qualities to date because his competition has been weak so far. If I had to put my money on it, I'm going to guess Arum doesn't put Garcia anywhere near Salido for awhile. I think Garcia's handlers will opt for the title shot against Caballero instead.
    Hmm. Salido has 11 defeats on his record. Should not be hard for him to get the fights. I think if the "money" is right that Greasy Arum would not hesitate to put a good talented young fighter like Garcia in the ring with a title holder Salido or Caballero.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonFan View Post
    Hmm. Salido has 11 defeats on his record. Should not be hard for him to get the fights. I think if the "money" is right that Greasy Arum would not hesitate to put a good talented young fighter like Garcia in the ring with a title holder Salido or Caballero.
    Salido's record is deceiving. He turned pro at 15 with no amateur experience. He lost 8 of his first 24 fights because he was a kid learning on the job.

However, he's only lost 3 times in the last 10 years. 2 of those losses were to extremely talented fighters (Juan Manuel Marquez and Yuriorkis Gamboa). The other loss was a close SD loss to Cristobal Cruz which he later avenged.

Salido's record is deceiving. He turned pro at 15 with no amateur experience. He lost 8 of his first 24 fights because he was a kid learning on the job.

However, he's only lost 3 times in the last 10 years. 2 of those losses were to extremely talented fighters (Juan Manuel Marquez and Yuriorkis Gamboa). The other loss was a close SD loss to Cristobal Cruz which he later avenged.
    So talented counterpunchers like JMM and Gamboa beat him decisibly, I think Garcia is very talented and hes Mexican so I dont think he has a glass chin. If Mikey can avoid getting into a brawl with Salido I think he defeats him, 8-4.
    Salido is good, but far from great. Mikey is good, but could become a great fighter. Salido looked great vs face first brawler juanma, garcia is a different fighter.
    ~~~~Unknown~~~~~

You could be right. However, at this point my money is on Salido because there's too many unknowns surrounding Garcia right now. This would be a huge step up for him.

Look for juanma to get sued for libel by those two gambling referees.

You could be right. However, at this point my money is on Salido because there's too many unknowns surrounding Garcia right now. This would be a huge step up for him.
    You are right, But he looks like he has the goods. We shall see how far he gets.
    ~~~~Unknown~~~~~

Did Lopez bite Salido @ 8:21? Didn't catch that on fight night.

Great fight. Unless we see a better fight in the next nine months, this fight has pretty much secured FOTY honors for 2012. Great ending. That's the ending that Salido needed, considering the hometown cooking that was transpiring on the official scorecards. We were about to see another Cloud/Campillo situation if Salido did not produce that stoppage. Outrageous behavior on behalf of Juanma Lopez, crying like a little baby about Ramirez and the stoppage. Yes, I'm sure Puerto Rican referees love to prematurely stop fights on the Puerto Rican hometown favorite! Awful.

Juanma's just upset that Salido beat that ass twice and turned him into Juangrandma.
    The kid is back!

Boxing Fanatics Hall of Famer Michael Matos's Avatar

Was on the raod this weekend and watched the fight this morning, didn't know who won before I watched it. For the first five rounds I thought Lopez looked awful, his balance, his footwork, his positioning, almost looked like a stumblebum. I thought he made a fight of it over the last three rounds out of desperation if nothing else. I had Salido up 7-2, however you wouldn't be that far from the truth by gving Lopez the first, the ninth and the knockdown round 10-8 and he'd be within a couple of points but thats as close as he gets.
    In Dog Years I'm Dead.

My take on the Lopez interview after he got knocked around pretty hard.

What Lopez said in the interview was a little incoherent. Didn't make sense. I don't get to hyped or hold it against what any Boxer say's. All the blows to head these Boxer's give and take. The actual battle and sparring. Look at Mayweather all the stupid stuff he say's. No question taking punches to the head is not an easy living no matter how much these Boxer's get paid. Look at Ali, Brain Damaged among some other's as well. No one can convince me that the way Ali is, is from Parkinson's. Ali has Parkinson's and Brain Damage.